Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It only took three months...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It only took three months...

    But the Louis Rossel 4124 has landed. I bought this cheaply as a project watch, but also hoped it might be one of the chrome hardened versions. It is, so I won't be able to do much with the case, but this one is in relatively good shape. There is patina on the dial and one of the markers is missing from the 6 o'clock position. I do have a crappy base metal LR somewhere with an almost identical dial. If I can remember where it is I may swap it. This is a big watch. It is 34mm wide counting the typical huge LR screw down crown by 40+mm high. The chrome hardened cuff is 27mm wide.This is it after a thorough cleaning but nothing else.

    PC162229.jpg PC162234.jpg PC162235.jpg PC162232.jpg
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

  • #2
    It's a new addition for the museum, as I do not have a chrome case of this shape yet.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's a typical far out LR rarity, congrats. It looks pretty chunky on the fishtail bracelet.
      I hope you will find a matching dial for it but it's already a great piece for your Rossel museum.
      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice addition Henry, congrats, hope you can find a dial in your spares box.

        Comment


        • #5
          Congratulations, I like it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great to finally see some pics Henry. It looks like a fantastic piece, congratulations.
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
              That's a typical far out LR rarity, congrats. It looks pretty chunky on the fishtail bracelet.
              I hope you will find a matching dial for it but it's already a great piece for your Rossel museum.
              Thanks Marcus. It does deserve a place in the museum. I have a few real oddities that are in much worse shape than this.

              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                Nice addition Henry, congrats, hope you can find a dial in your spares box.
                I know I have one. I just can't remember where I put it and whether or not the markers are gold. I don't think they are. My Christmas holiday is coming up so I should have some time to go searching.
                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
                  Congratulations, I like it.
                  Thanks Jose!
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                    Great to finally see some pics Henry. It looks like a fantastic piece, congratulations.
                    That was quite an adventure. The seller claimed he posted it within a week of me winning the auction. Then he claimed he posted it a month later. We discussed shipping in a highly civil manner less than five times, but that was too much for him and he simply didn't respond the last time I sent him a message.
                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Congrats, Henry!


                      That 4124 with flat crystal looks absolutely great and really funky!
                      Just one of the golden markers at 6 is missing.
                      The original fishtail is a nice addition.
                      Surely an ETA 2836 inside.

                      One more for the LR-Thread!



                      Best regards, Mike
                      vintage-rado.de

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mike184 View Post
                        Congrats, Henry!


                        That 4124 with flat crystal looks absolutely great and really funky!
                        Just one of the golden markers at 6 is missing.
                        The original fishtail is a nice addition.
                        Surely an ETA 2836 inside.

                        One more for the LR-Thread!


                        Thanks Mike. Yes, it is a 2836. When I find the base metal cased LR, I will have a look and decide whether I will swap the dial or not and at the same time I can decide if I want to swap the movements too. If I recall, the movement in the crappy base metal watch was quite nice.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X