MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Well, it's Friday again folks, let's see some watches. It's been a crazy week here, Queensland has been in the grip of a heatwave and half the state is on fire, luckily so far there's been no casualties and meanwhile down in Sydney we had more than a months rainfall in one day, 200mm in less than 24hrs on Wednesday, as you would imagine there was widespread flooding. The heatwave is set to continue for at least another week up north and it's making it's way down here by Sunday when we're expecting 34C, just in time for the first day of summer. It seems like only a month since they finally extinguished the fires in California and they're off and running amuck down here, let's not get me started on global warming again......... Here's my weeks watches.

Last weekend, time to get the Accustar out. It started up and ran perfectly once again.

Weekend.jpg

Monday, a little pool maintenance was the order of the day.

Monday.jpg

Tuesday's Kriens.

Tue.jpg

Wednesday, I had planned on wearing the Manny and going to Sydney, but the weather had other ideas.

Wed.jpg

On Thursday I did go to Sydney and wore this just in case the weather turned again.

Thus.jpg

And today, the weather's fine and so is the watch. Have a great weekend all.

20181130_101332.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 11-30-2018, 04:52 AM.

Crazy weather everywhere mate. We've had locally damaging storm in the last 48 hours, but that's nothing new for November. Stay safe.
    A lovely diverse week of watches as usual and, as expected, we have a cross over. Will post my week a bit later.
    I'll have to say that the Diastar diver is my winner for the week.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Was certainly a crazy week weather wise, Tim. Other than the the Omega SM300 I wore this Muhle

The blue dial is a great colour. And it's just the right size for me at 36mm.

I used to have the DS 40, but the DS is too heavy for me these days.
      Nice collection you're acquiring
      I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

My week of watches:

On Monday I wore the SpaceWing I received recently from Futura along with my Rado movement cufflinks.

WP_20181126_11_31_13_Pro (2).jpg

Blue Diastar Original XL on Tuesday.

WP_20181127_19_36_01_Pro (4).jpg

Diastar 40 LE on Wednesday.

WP_20181128_18_42_45_Pro (2).jpg

On Thursday I continued the LE theme with the 40 Years of Diastar.

WP_20181129_05_39_15_Pro (2).jpg

Andy today I have another new arrival. This Rothorn is quite striking, if somewhat on the small side. I have put it onto a small fishtail bracelet for the time being until I can find something more suitable in my parts box.

WP_20181130_14_02_05_Pro (2).jpg

Have a great weekend everybody and stay safe in whatever strange meteorological conditions you may encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
          Well, it's Friday again folks, let's see some watches. It's been a crazy week here, Queensland has been in the grip of a heatwave and half the state is on fire, luckily so far there's been no casualties and meanwhile down in Sydney we had more than a months rainfall in one day, 200mm in less than 24hrs on Wednesday, as you would imagine there was widespread flooding. The heatwave is set to continue for at least another week up north and it's making it's way down here by Sunday when we're expecting 34C, just in time for the first day of summer. It seems like only a month since they finally extinguished the fires in California and they're off and running amuck down here, let's not get me started on global warming again......... Here's my weeks watches.

Last weekend, time to get the Accustar out. It started up and ran perfectly once again.

[
          Monday, a little pool maintenance was the order of the day.

Monday.jpg

My downer note for the week. I sincerely believe we have crossed the threshold and we will not be able to ensure that the earth is habitable for mankind, or mush of the rest of the life on earth. I hope we can slow the destruction and I hope that some of the higher orders, like the crows and the cephalopods, manage to survive.

Enough of that. Great week Tim with a Manny, a DS-40 and an Accustar not winning. I vote with Scott for the Diastar diver.

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by hongit View Post
            Was certainly a crazy week weather wise, Tim. Other than the the Omega SM300 I wore this Muhle

The blue dial is a great colour. And it's just the right size for me at 36mm.

I used to have the DS 40, but the DS is too heavy for me these days.
            Nice collection you're acquiring
            Nice.

How do you like your Muhle Ken? I have looked at them for years. I admire the amount of work they put into modifying and regulating their movements. They strike me a genuine tool watches and they tend to look good in a straightforward way.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
              My week of watches:

On Monday I wore the SpaceWing I received recently from Futura along with my Rado movement cufflinks.

WP_20181126_11_31_13_Pro (2).jpg

Wow, you're pretty fancy this week mister! Great lineup. I congratulated you on the Space Wing elsewhere, but I'll do it again and declare it my winner for the week. I did not know you got a Rothorn. Congrats. They are small, veen for an Alpine, but they are quite striking, as you say.

Comment

Here's my week gents. The weekend as it often is, was taken up by mid-size no date handwinds. This weekend it was the Nienaber and the Armand Nicolet.

PA220155a by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

PB250206 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Monday

PB262189 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday

P2270134 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday

Cologny by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday

PB292197 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And I am rolling through Friday and towards the weekend with this

PA011550 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Wow, you're pretty fancy this week mister! Great lineup. I congratulated you on the Space Wing elsewhere, but I'll do it again and declare it my winner for the week. I did not know you got a Rothorn. Congrats. They are small, veen for an Alpine, but they are quite striking, as you say.
                  Thanks Henry. I thought I'd told you that the Rothorn was coming. I need to find a correct bracelet for it but it is a fun watch.

Comment

A stunning collection of watches this week Henry.
                    I commented on your Balboa Cologny elsewhere but I'm always surprised how much I like mine when I get round to wearing it.
                    The LR takes the trophy for me this week, simply down to its full on funk for a Friday.

And I am rolling through Friday and towards the weekend with this

PA011550 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks Henry. I thought I'd told you that the Rothorn was coming. I need to find a correct bracelet for it but it is a fun watch.
                      ...correct bracelet...now I remember...

Comment

A stunning collection of watches this week Henry.
                        I commented on your Balboa Cologny elsewhere but I'm always surprised how much I like mine when I get round to wearing it.
                        The LR takes the trophy for me this week, simply down to its full on funk for a Friday.
                        Thanks Scott. I fully embraced the Swiss vintage them this work week. I just helped some random guy on Instagram buy one of the yellow gold versions of this LR. Way nice than my yellow cased one.

Comment

Thanks Scott. I fully embraced the Swiss vintage theme this work week. I just helped some random guy on Instagram buy one of the yellow coloured versions of this LR. Way nicer than my yellow cased one.

Comment

Nice.

How do you like your Muhle Ken? I have looked at them for years. I admire the amount of work they put into modifying and regulating their movements. They strike me a genuine tool watches and they tend to look good in a straightforward way.
                            Hi Henry, the Muhle is a very nice, well made watch. Wears well. Very substantial also. Has a screw down crown, even though it is styled a a pilot watch. Their SAR Rescue Timer is a true tool watch. As are others in their range. It's my go to watch in bad weather and when I'm doing fieldwork. Their range of watches is extensive, I thought one of their watches could very well be your retirement watch. Some good prospects.
                            I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

Beautiful watches this week, stay safe Tim, have a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X