Mmff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmff

It's not quite Friday yet, but I know Friday's watch and I have never captured it's...errr... awesomeness better than in this old photo. If I beat Tim, I will give him a break. One of the things about a wide ranging collection is the delight in change. After two weeks of mostly 42 mm moderns, this:

Monday, one of Rado's most wilful creations ever. Everything single design element of this watch trumps a watches basic function which is to tell time.

Balboa Great by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday, despite the fairly desperate need for a capacitor change the Accustar continues to get regular wear.

P9112046 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday, only slightly bigger than the two previous watches and this weeks first and only modern

P9122045 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today, back to vintage but moving into a near modern size at 38mm this watch also has what might be Rado's finest ever factory bracelet. Yes, I do find this company's bracelet's more comfortable even then a 7 row.

P9130097 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today, this week's only non-Rado. I have nothing to say. Words fail. Typically big wearing 38mm.

P4120203 copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 09-14-2018, 01:14 AM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

One way and another it's been a big week for me. Here's the watches that saw me through it.
    P.S. It's now 3 weeks since I left the Accustar running and it's still going strong.

Last weekend, I wore Captain Nemo, nice and light for work and no need to set it.

Weekend.jpg

Monday, I thought I might have pizza for dinner.

Mon.jpg

Tuesday's Balboa SM Star.

Tue.jpg

Wednesday, one of my green machines to match the feeling of spring in the air and the first of 2 celebrations this week.

Wed2.jpg

Thursday, the second celebration and a special watch as it was something of a milestone.

Thus (1).jpg

And today another green machine, back just in time for summer, having been regulated, re-sealed and pressure tested. Have a great weekend all.

Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 09-14-2018, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Stunning week Henry, good to see you bringing out some of the classics.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I merged the two topics Tim. I was trying to give you a break from having to start this every week but I only beat you by minutes.

Now, Yay for pizza timers!

Ammolite Balboas pretty much trump everything but, come on, "two celebrations" but no details? Not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
          It's not quite Friday yet, but I know Friday's watch and I have never captured it's...errr... awesomeness better than in this old photo. If I beat Tim, I will give him a break. One of the things about a wide ranging collection is the delight in change. After two weeks of mostly 42 mm moderns, this:

Today, this week's only non-Rado. I have nothing to say. Words fail. Typically big wearing 38mm.

P4120203 copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
          Stunning week as always Henry, but you're right, words do fail, the LR is an absolute show stopper.
          Last edited by Tim.; 09-14-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Stunning week as always Henry, but your right, words do fail, the LR is an absolute show stopper.
            It could be Oxford's entry for Over the top.

Comment

I merged the two topics Tim. I was trying to give you a break from having to start this every week but I only beat you by minutes.

Now, Yay for pizza timers!

Ammolite Balboas pretty much trump everything but, come on, "two celebrations" but no details? Not fair.
              My wife and I share adjoining birthdays, it's just that mine was......a little bigger than hers this year.
              Last edited by Tim.; 09-14-2018, 01:32 AM.

Comment

It could be Oxford's entry for Over the top.
                Yes indeed, and the Balboa Great could slot right in behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

My wife and I share adjoining birthdays, it's just that mine was......a little bigger than hers this year.
                  Well, happy birthday to your wife and congratulations to you on a landmark.

Comment

Well, happy birthday to your wife and congratulations to you on a landmark.
                    Many thanks Henry,
                    Cheers!.......actually I've probably had enough cheers.

Comment

A tuning fork week for me.

Comment

Still this for me

67B954C9-B0FD-4D66-BFD8-A058C2717BB8.jpeg
                        See my collection slideshow at
                        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                          A tuning fork week for me.
                          Fantastic lineup Kevin. I love that offset cased Omega!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
                            I generally prefer the 101 through 103 with patterned dials but that looks pretty good John.

Comment

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X