MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

It's Friday folks, get some funk on your wrist and join in. Nice to see Dave stop by yesterday, hopefully he'll pop in again today. Here's the watches that told my time this week.

Last weekend. The charging continued.

Weekend.jpg

Frigate Monday.

Mon.jpg

Blue Esel Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

StratoJet F Wednesday

Wed.jpg

Marstron Thursday

Thus.jpg

And a funky Blue Kriens for ff. Hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend.

Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 08-10-2018, 03:34 AM.

A pretty much non-scratchproof week, Tim? The Esel dial looks fantastic, as does the Kriens.
    I haven't worn my Accustar since last weekend, I'll set it later and give it a couple of days charging. It seems to be holding charge well so far anyway.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
      A pretty much non-scratchproof week, Tim? The Esel dial looks fantastic, as does the Kriens.
      I haven't worn my Accustar since last weekend, I'll set it later and give it a couple of days charging. It seems to be holding charge well so far anyway.
      Thanks mate, I hadn't planned it to be a soft shell week, that's just the way it panned out. I'll be getting my Accustar out and cranking it up before work tonight too, I think it's an experiment worth doing, so far mine's also re-started successfully each time.

Comment

I gave the Accustar a charge over the weekend but swapped watches on Sunday to go and celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary.

WP_20180805_12_36_00_Rich (2).jpg

On Monday I went for the Balboa '0'.

WP_20180806_18_28_41_Rich (2).jpg

Tuesday saw one of my favourite non-scratchproof watches, the Golden Gate.

WP_20180807_06_56_59_Rich (2).jpg

Another Balboa on Wednesday.

WP_20180808_17_07_30_Rich (2).jpg

Yet another on Thursday. This time the pure white Aster paired with white ceramic Rado cufflinks.

WP_20180809_17_08_24_Rich (2).jpg

I started today with the black Diastar Original XL.

WP_20180810_07_52_51_Rich (2).jpg

But then I took a trip to the Post Office to collect this rare Diastar 1/E.

WP_20180810_11_23_58_Rich (2).jpg

The weather has started to turn here in the UK, with lower temperatures and a bit of rain today.
        Have a great weekend everybody.

Comment

Stellar week Scott, I'm really liking that new Blue Diastar 1E, congratulations.
          Last edited by Tim.; 08-10-2018, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            Stellar week Scott, I'm really liking that new Blue Diastar 1E, congratulations.
            Thanks Tim. I'm very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the blue in the dial.

Comment

Loving the Stratojet and the Kriens Tim. I am quite fond of the fade dials on the Alpine models. I'll have to dig out my Rothorn one of these days.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Scott that blue 1/E is nicer than it looked in the picture you sent me.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                  Scott that blue 1/E is nicer than it looked in the picture you sent me.
                  Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

My week stretches back to Saturday when I wore the rarely seen Diamaster on fishtail.

P1012845_01 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Sunday started with that and then went to Monday's choice, Eterna 1935. Super sunny on Monday morning.

P8061921 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday, with the return of the heat sent the notion of anything other than a steel or ceramic bracelet went out the window. Default watch day.

hcgh copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday the haze from the forest and brush fires came with more heat. It made for some lovely sunrise bokeh shots, if nothing else.

P8080041 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P8080023 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

I wore the 40 Years of. Even though it's big I find it and the big tapered bracelet one of the most comfortable combos I own.

P8080054 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

So I kept it on yesterday.

14112897767_5292d464a4_o copy copy1 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today the forecast is for the single hottest day since 1984, when our all time hottest day was recorded. Small and light- the Manny.

P8101930 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

My week stretches back to Saturday when I wore the rarely seen Diamaster on fishtail.

P1012845_01 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Sunday started with that and then went to Monday's choice, Eterna 1935. Super sunny on Monday morning.

P8061921 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today the forecast is for the single hottest day since 1984, when our all time hottest day was recorded. Small and light- the Manny.

P8101930 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

I think that Diamaster is a really bold style statement, we should see more of it. The Longines 1935 is, as you know, one of my favourites in your collection and the Manny is a great choice for a hot day. Don't melt Henry, drink lots of water and stay cool.

Comment

Loving the Stratojet and the Kriens Tim. I am quite fond of the fade dials on the Alpine models. I'll have to dig out my Rothorn one of these days.
                        Thanks Henry, I look forward to seeing the Rothorn make an appearance.

Comment

Green Horse Deluxe for me this week :-)

55C1F6CF-DE3F-489B-AF72-6BDE7B73F74C.jpeg

Also, I just wanted to thank all EOT forum members for your contributions and expertise on all things vintage Rado. It's been so much fun sharing some of my collection with you all and seeing all your beautiful pieces. I know very few people who collect Rados (or have even heard of the brand) so discovering this forum has been wonderful.

John

Comment

l'm late to the party, Tim, Scott and Henry you guys hit it out of the ballpark this week, JRG beautiful Green Horse.
                            It has been a Manhattan week for me and I have never been to New York.
                            Have a great weekend.
                            Last Saturday.

Sunday.

Monday.

Tuesday.

Wednesday.

Thursday.

And Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
                              l'm late to the party, Tim, Scott and Henry you guys hit it out of the ballpark this week, JRG beautiful Green Horse.
                              It has been a Manhattan week for me and I have never been to New York.
                              Have a great weekend.
                              Last Saturday.
                              Thanks Jose! I love your manhattans, I think between the two of us we have all the dial color combinations.

Comment

Working...
                              X