MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Friday people, get your watches out! Commiserations to all our English friends regarding their World Cup ambitions. I didn't see the game, but from what I hear, Croatia were the better team on the day, and I think anyone would prefer a result like that than to go down due to questionable refereeing decisions, as is often the case. Apart from the sport, this week has seen the rescue of the Wild Boars junior football team in Thailand, a truly amazing feat of international cooperation and human endurance, I understand a movie of the rescue is already in the early stages of pre-production. Enough chatter, here's the watches that told my time this week.

Last weekend I wore what I think is probably my first Diastar, it's some time since I've used it and I was surprised at how well it keeps time, especially considering I've never had it serviced. Nice to have a flat crystal for a change too.

Weekend.jpg

Monday was a Great day. Pretty big change from the weekend's flat crystal.

Mon.jpg

Tuesday's Kriens was this weeks first soft shell.

Tue.jpg

A Balboa Gentle on Wednesday.

Wed.jpg

Thursday. The Aster accompanied me to Sydney.

Thus?.jpg

And today was, to say the least, somewhat indecisive. Yesterday my daughter made a date to go bushwalking with us today, so I put my Manchester Sapphire on, as it's, shall we say, a little more expendable than some of my other watches, however it wasn't to be as my daughter called and cancelled the walk in favour of lunch, so I changed into a more appropriate "lunch" watch (Diastar 36), only to have lunch also rain checked (I can only think some of her friends are on break from Uni and she had a better offer). In the event my wife and I had a sandwich at home and spent the afternoon working in the back yard, needless to say I changed back to my original choice for the afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone.

Fri?.jpg Fri.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 07-13-2018, 04:29 AM.

Thanks for your sympathy Tim. I think we were unlucky with Croatia's first goal, at another time that could have been given as a foul for a high boot, bit we should have been three up by then. They outplayed us for much of the game so I believe that the best team won.
    I'm interested in your classification of the Manchester as 'expendable' as I always go for a scratchproof when working outdoors to minimise any potential damage. Either way it, and the rest of your weeks watches, looks great!
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
      I'm interested in your classification of the Manchester as 'expendable' as I always go for a scratchproof when working outdoors to minimise any potential damage. Either way it, and the rest of your weeks watches, looks great!
      Thanks mate. The reason for my classifying the Manchester in that way is just down to it's condition, it's a nice watch to wear and has a large easy to read dial with great markers, however the the dial is extremely age spotted, the crystal chipped and the case isn't crisp as it's been over-polished by previous owners. I bought it early on, at a time when I was desperate to find a genuine un-tampered with Rado, and given my time over would have waited for a better example.

Comment

That's a huge jump from the flat crystal Diastar 1 ti the Balboa Great Tim. That's pretty much the two ends of the etreme of the vaguely ovoid shaped hardshell Rados. That Kreins is looking mighty fine too.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

It's been another hot and humid week here. We had 7 tornadoes touch down in two days, though all were to the south of us. No one was injured. The worst damage we suffered was having my tomatoes and delphiniums pummeled to the ground by rain. Anyway my week- Sunday relaxing on the deck with the CC and some Stiegl lemon Radlers.

ccradler.jpg

Comment

For some reason my post froze there, so here is the rest of my week. Monday was the Centrix.

P2090119 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday the HC Golden Horse chronometer, caught here in a pensive moment sitting in the early morning shade of the grotto.

P7101944 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday there was a bit of relief from the heat so I snuck the Nienaber in, on custom Iyonk leather.

P7111856 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday was the Breinzer, a current favourite. I also got good news yesterday; the last of the packages I sent out a week or so ago arrived. Brad got his stickers, Th watch I gifted to a fellow in Malaysia arrived safely and yesterday the painting landed in King of Prussia. Yay!

PA120053 copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today, Friday the thirteenth, the watch I always wear of Friday the thirteenth.

P5130447 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

My first Rado has been brought out of semi-retirement for enjoyment this week!:

Have a fantastic weekend, all.
              Brad
              Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-13-2018, 10:04 AM.
              Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

As usual, some stunning watches on show this week!

On Monday I followed Marcus's lead from last Friday and wore the Marstron-Z.

WP_20180709_19_08_16_Rich (2).jpg

I needed something a bit more on Tuesday so the lapis NCC303 came out.

WP_20180710_09_30_49_Rich (2).jpg

Subtle and understated but Wednesday's Balboa stayed cool during the semi-final.

WP_20180711_06_52_57_Rich (2).jpg

Thursday's blue goldstone Balboa was reminiscent of a starry night sky.

WP_20180712_14_53_43_Rich (2).jpg

Back to the NCC collection for a chunk of Friday funk in the shape of the beautiful 505.

WP_20180713_12_40_06_Rich (2).jpg

Have a great weekend everybody. Football and tennis again this week, albeit less nervously viewed than last week.

Comment

Consolation medal for England tomorrow (or, as The Guardian put it this morning: 'polishing a third')?

Comment

Iíve received a lot of watches lately, a few special ones. Havenít taken pictures or posted in a while. Been busy with retirement stuff as I retired from my job after 33 years. Iíve got 9 more coming from Japan any day now. Gotta get busy and post all the new ones. Been wearing this new one all week. Came like new in box.

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                      Iíve received a lot of watches lately, a few special ones. Havenít taken pictures or posted in a while. Been busy with retirement stuff as I retired from my job after 33 years. Iíve got 9 more coming from Japan any day now. Gotta get busy and post all the new ones. Been wearing this new one all week. Came like new in box.
                      I'm not sure which is more exciting...the Diastar Round chronograph or your retirement...congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                        That's a huge jump from the flat crystal Diastar 1 ti the Balboa Great Tim. That's pretty much the two ends of the etreme of the vaguely ovoid shaped hardshell Rados. That Kreins is looking mighty fine too.
                        Thanks Henry, the Kriens is one I'd forgotten I owned till recently, I put it away soon after I bought it from Scott, and had the joy of discovering it all over again 6 months or so later. As far as the Great goes, I need my glasses on to read it these days, still fun to wear though.

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                          Congrats on retiring Kevin, that chronograph is in pristine condition, great find. Looking forward to seeing all your new acquisitions.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                            As usual, some stunning watches on show this week!

On Monday I followed Marcus's lead from last Friday and wore the Marstron-Z.

WP_20180709_19_08_16_Rich (2).jpg

I needed something a bit more on Tuesday so the lapis NCC303 came out.

WP_20180710_09_30_49_Rich (2).jpg
                            Great week again Scott, love that 303, and the Marstron really is in especially good condition. I notice that whilst almost identical to the one Marcus posted last week, his Z was printed and not applied like yours.
                            Last edited by Tim.; 07-13-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Great week again Scott, love that 303, and the Marstron really is in especially good condition. I notice that whilst almost identical to the one Marcus posted last week, his Z was printed and not applied like yours.
                              Thanks Tim, I hadn't noticed the difference between the two Marstron-Z's.

Comment

Working...
                              X