Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADO Balboa V Abalone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RADO Balboa V Abalone

    This one sold for a lot of money, maybe vintage Rados are going up in price.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RADO-Balboa...53.m1438.l2649

  • #2
    Wow! That's a serious lump of cash.
    I must admit that mine is certainly a favourite, probably Top Five in my collection if I was pushed to rank them all.

    WP_20170607_19_36_28_Pro (3).jpg
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

    Comment


    • #3
      Hope itīs still running strong, Mister.
      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here is a Manhattan from the same seller, this guy is making a killing.

        https://www.ebay.com/itm/RADO-Manhat...19.m1438.l2649

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
          Hope itīs still running strong, Mister.
          It is mate. Remember the state of it when it first arrived?
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

          Comment


          • #6
            The seller's fairly local to me and I've noticed that he's also selling NSA bracelets. Pity about the pricing...
            Last edited by scottjc; 05-22-2018, 03:59 PM.
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scottjc View Post

              It is mate. Remember the state of it when it first arrived?
              No, i canīt remember. Just let me know..
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post

                No, i canīt remember. Just let me know..
                The dial and case were clean but the movement was totally seized.
                It took the Pimp magic to bring it back to the way it looks and runs now.
                http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                Comment


                • #9
                  Expensive!
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by scottjc View Post

                    The dial and case were clean but the movement was totally seized.
                    It took the Pimp magic to bring it back to the way it looks and runs now.
                    Aaah, that rusty ETA 2783, i remember now. But something nice tourned out back then. Have fun with it!

                    I am also looking for a decent Abalone piece, but Jose nailed it....they are very pricey!

                    There will be the day.
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This guy's doing us all a favour! As long as we're not buying from him that is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post

                        Aaah, that rusty ETA 2783, i remember now. But something nice tourned out back then. Have fun with it!

                        I am also looking for a decent Abalone piece, but Jose nailed it....they are very pricey!

                        There will be the day.
                        Did you sell your abalone DS8?
                        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by scottjc View Post

                          Did you sell your abalone DS8?
                          Yes, i did.
                          The DS 8/1 Abalone had the olive brown colored letters which couldnīt compete with the great contrasts the Balboa has.
                          It looked a bit lame to me and didnīt get any wear. So it has to go 2 years ago.
                          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X