MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Friday's here again and Jaimie has installed my banner atop the forum. I really only posted it as a rough mock up and might have spent a bit more time on it had I known it would be used, however, that said, it will suffice to brighten the place up till another one comes along. This new version of the forum software has thrown up a number of problems, mostly due to it's ability to keep the site and our data safe from hackers and spammers. I'd like take this opportunity to thank the administrators for all the work that's been put in to round off the hard edges and make the place "user friendly" for us again.

I didn't change watches last weekend so this week starts with Monday's Diastar XL.

On Tuesday I went with another XL, an all time favourite, the Blue 100m.

Wednesday. Gold Balboa Aster.

On Wednesday we had a spectacular red sunset, so I couldn't resist.

Thursday. Diastar 1 Chronometer.

And today another Chronometer, this time a Balboa. A safe and happy weekend to all at EoT.

Last edited by Tim.; 05-10-2018, 09:25 PM.

Very nice Tim, guys do not be afraid of the Blue Tiger, he does not bite.

Comment

Three Rados this week.

Started with the R5.5. Not popular on this forum but my most comfortable watch. I love the Braun-like look of the design. Recycled pic.

Then the day before yesterday I wore the Captain Cook reissue.

This is morning I got the Rado Conway going by. Not sure if I have shown it it here before. The raised crystal and the angle of the wrist makes the markers at six and twelve like look squiff but they are actually straight. Conway's are often to be avoided but I thought this dial would be hard to fake and it it seems legit to me. The case has some scratches and the top appears to be polished but the brushed sides are crisp and overall it appears to have had little wear. The crystal is signed and the integrated bracelet with signed clasp is still quite tight.
      Last edited by FSM71; 05-11-2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I should really look for one of those Diastar XLs Tim. I love yours. Nice Conway Frank. I've got a soft spot for them. And I think you knwo my feelings for the Tigers, Jose.

My week. All weekend long it was the KonTiki.

P5150207 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Monday, I finally embraced the photo comp theme for the month over at IWL (Coffee), so watching the sun rise with a nice cup of joe and the Art Deco

P5070154 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P5070157 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday I joined the 80s theme on the Facebook group. I eventually noticed the date was wrong and fixed it.

P5070136_01 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday, the second German watch of the week. The KS.

P8161006 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday was the Model 400

Model 400 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And today, the funk is elevated!

P5110046 s by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Some stunning watches on display again this week. Henry has picked the same highlights as me so I'll just say that after a week of lovely watches it's nice to see you sporting some proper funk Henry.

We had a day off on Monday so I continued with the XL diver from the weekend:

WP_20170331_15_44_22_Pro (5).jpg

Tuesday was the scratchproof electrosonic:

WP_20170323_10_56_19_Pro (3).jpg

On Wednesday I wore the hawks eye Balboa Deluxe:

WP_20160927_09_56_12_Pro (2).jpg

On Thursday I wore the seldom seen red goldstone Diastar 8/1:

WP_20160812_09_15_16_Pro (3).jpg

Today I'm getting ready for the weekend with the Diastar Accustar:

WP_20161231_10_08_40_Pro (4).jpg

Have a great weekend everybody!
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

My week. All weekend long it was the KonTiki.

P5150207 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
            Great photo of the Kon Tiki Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
              We had a day off on Monday so I continued with the XL diver from the weekend:

WP_20170331_15_44_22_Pro (5).jpg

Tuesday was the scratchproof electrosonic:

WP_20170323_10_56_19_Pro (3).jpg
              Great week Scott, the favourite Blue diver and IMO, the best of the Esonic dials.

Comment

Originally posted by FSM71 View Post
                Three Rados this week.

Started with the R5.5. Not popular on this forum but my most comfortable watch. I love the Braun-like look of the design. Recycled pic.

Then the day before yesterday I wore the Captain Cook reissue.

This is morning I got the Rado Conway going by. Not sure if I have shown it it here before. The raised crystal and the angle of the wrist makes the markers at six and twelve like look squiff but they are actually straight. Conway's are often to be avoided but I thought this dial would be hard to fake and it it seems legit to me. The case has some scratches and the top appears to be polished but the brushed sides are crisp and overall it appears to have had little wear. The crystal is signed and the integrated bracelet with signed clasp is still quite tight.
                Hey Frank, how's it going? I like that Conway, it's an interesting piece, plenty of anchors!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Hey Frank, how's it going? I like that Conway, it's an interesting piece, plenty of anchors!
                  I'm sure I've got a white version of that dial knocking around somewhere.

Comment

Great week Scott, the favourite Blue diver and IMO, the best of the Esonic dials.
                    Thanks Tim. It's hard to keep referring to watches as favourites when we have so many but these two are definitely up there.

Comment

I often kick myself for not getting one of these when I had the chance.
                      It's a great watch Tim, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that...

image_22772.jpg

Comment

Great photo of the Kon Tiki Henry.
                        Thanks Tim. I find it hard not to get at least a decent picture of it. It's such a great looking piece to start with.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Been swapping around between the Uncle Seiko Tropic and these straps I found on Etsy, he has a webstore too.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/finwatchstraps
                          www.finwatchstraps.com

Burgundy Chromexcel from Horween. The guy is in Finland, not sure how he settled on American leathers, but the quality is pretty good despite the low $50 shipped price. Way more supple than the original Rado straps.

Ignore the dirty bezel.
                          Last edited by rice; 05-12-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rice View Post
                            Been swapping around between the Uncle Seiko Tropic and these straps I found on Etsy, he has a webstore too.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/finwatchstraps
                            www.finwatchstraps.com

Burgundy Chromexcel from Horween. The guy is in Finland, not sure how he settled on American leathers, but the quality is pretty good despite the low $50 shipped price. Way more supple than the original Rado straps.

Ignore the dirty bezel.
                            I like how it looks with that strap.

Comment

Nice watches this week guys. Thanks Tim and Henry for the kind comments on the Conway. It's going well Tim, just crazy busy so not able to post regularly. Hopefully some sort of routine will return in the second half of the year. Love that Blue Tiger!

Comment

Working...
                              X