Minister Z quartz?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    Could that Z actually be a rotated logo from a Tressa Laser Beam? They made lots of variants--I don't know if any had applied logos.
    No, I guess not--the orientation is wrong.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Well, the Seiko logo is upside down, so why not?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

I am officially from Missouri on this one. Someone will have to show me it's authentic. We've got a rotating anchor and a quartz logo, we have a kerning issue that is not apparent on the authentic Minister Mike posted, we have a questionable Z applique and a Seiko quartz logo that is upside down. That is too many questionable issues for my comfort.

I've been wrong before and will ahppily admit to it if someone can prove otherwise.
      I don't think anyone's going to be able to prove this one either way. For mine, I think, why go to all that trouble and also, there's a number of other examples of the rotating anchor on quartz models. The quartz symbol is upside down compared to the seiko ones and it may well be that it's just one of the accepted engineering symbols for quartz oscillators or some such, I'll check with my brother ("the genius") today and let you know.
      Edit: No, it's not a symbol for quartz or similar technologies in circuit diagrams, so as you suggest it's probably a proprietary Seiko quartz logo and why it's upside down on the Rado. I would love to get hold of one and see what's under the hood.
      Last edited by Tim.; 05-03-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Now that my Marstron Z has arrived I can confidently say that the applied 'Z' is the same.

Marstron Z.jpg
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
          Now that my Marstron Z has arrived I can confidently say that the applied 'Z' is the same.

Marstron Z.jpg
          Well at least now we know the Z is genuine!

Comment

Working...
          X