Have we seen this one before.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we seen this one before.

The Murten is an Alpine model and that dial is the red version of the green dial on my Breinzer. The craquelin texture is from the factory and their are also small glass beads in the paint. The case is worn but still shows all three textures that most Alpines have.

PC240181 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

It's pretty uncommon, apparently...it has only been mentioned in one other thread in the past 11 years!:

http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...ghlight=murten

The photos you shared may actually be the first sighting of one.
      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I won this watch, I will probably order the shipment from Japan in the next couple weeks. I also have a Murten with a white/ silver dial. I will post pics of both once the red craquelin one arrives.

Comment

Congratulations, that watch will clean up very nice.
          I like the color and texture of the dial.

Comment

Congrats, thatīs a very nice and rare find!
            Iīve seen just one pic over all those years.

M1 Murten b xs.jpg

Murten is a city in Switzerland.
            Last edited by mike184; 03-16-2018, 12:45 PM.
            Best regards, Mike
            vintage-rado.de

Comment

Thanks, I'm pretty excited to get it in my hands to see what it looks like in person. I do not have any Rados with the red craquelin dial, I do have a few of the green and blue. The dial appears to possibly be gradient to a darker shade around the edges, we will see when it arrives. I'm pretty sure the other Murten I have has a sapphire crystal, but I'm away from home for another couple of days, so I can not verify that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WristRot View Post
                Thanks, I'm pretty excited to get it in my hands to see what it looks like in person. I do not have any Rados with the red craquelin dial, I do have a few of the green and blue. The dial appears to possibly be gradient to a darker shade around the edges, we will see when it arrives. I'm pretty sure the other Murten I have has a sapphire crystal, but I'm away from home for another couple of days, so I can not verify that right now.
                Congrats on a rare find. The crystal in the pictures Jose posted looks very much like the one on most of the Alpine models, internally faceted acrylic, however I can't pick out the anchor in the middle, so maybe it is sapphire, if so I think it's the only internally faceted sapphire crystal we've seen here. Look forward to some better picks once you get hold of it.

Comment

Silver Murten.jpg

Out of curiosity, I hunted mine down before I pack everything up for an upcoming move. It is a sapphire crystal on this one. It doesn't show well in the pictures, but the facets are actually on the outside, normal to where they would be expected on a sapphire crystal. I never noticed on this watch until I took the picture, but it looks like one of the indices has been glued back on :( The fine black lines that look to be on the dial are actually small scratches on the surface of the crystal that were highlighted by the camera flash.
                  Last edited by WristRot; 03-19-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hi!

So many scratches on a sapphire crystal donīt make sense.
                    IMHO itīs a faceted glass crystal as on the Ticino model.
                    Indeed the marker at 10 seems to be glued with too much glue.
                    Best regards, Mike
                    vintage-rado.de

Comment

Working...
                    X