Rado Baselworld 2018.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rado Baselworld 2018.

So far Rado has teased two new LEs for Baselworld, a Hyperchrome chrono in ceramic and...bronze. Really? Hardly cutting edge. I said this last year when they released this dial, I love the dial, but not the bronze, nor the fitted leather strap.

Rado-Hyperchrome-Bronze-thumb-autox1100-36247-980x720.jpg

The other is not for me, but at least it touches on some of Rados long standing design cues, the True Thinline Nature Hero. Green ceramic, ultrathin, a leaf patter dial and look closeley at the markers and Rado logo. They are on the crystal.

Rado-True-Thinline-Nature-Hero-03.jpg
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    The other is not for me, but at least it touches on some of Rados long standing design cues, the True Thinline Nature Hero. Green ceramic, ultrathin, a leaf patter dial and look closeley at the markers and Rado logo. They are on the crystal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25372[/ATTACH]
    What´s that? A Stratojet F-clone for the Green?
    Best regards, Mike
    vintage-rado.de

Comment

Originally posted by mike184 View Post
      Make the hands, crown and markers silver and I might be tempted. Nice to see that they haven't completely forgotten their past...
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
        Make the hands, crown and markers silver and I might be tempted. Nice to see that they haven't completely forgotten their past...

It seems like the True is the model they are most willing to have some fun with. All those designer LEs last year were Trues too. I've tried a few Trues on though and I am even less of a fan when it's on my wrist.
        Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 02-12-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
          It seems like the True is the model they are most willing to have some fun with. All those designer LEs last year were Trues too. I've tried a few Trues on though and I am even less of a fan when it's on my wrist.
          Clearly chaps, they should be consulting us before they embark on these LE ventures. Personally, I'd have gone for a blue or chrome ceramic with a blue mineral dial or (if we're pulling the environment card) perhaps a manufactured dial effect that looks like the ocean, with silver furnishings.
          Last edited by Tim.; 02-13-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            Clearly chaps, they should be consulting us before they embark on these LE ventures. Personally, I'd have gone for a blue or chrome ceramic with a blue mineral dial or (if we're pulling the environment card) perhaps a manufactured dial effect that looks like the ocean, with silver furnishings.
            You don't ask for much do you mate?

Comment

Won't be getting it anyway, so might as well go for broke!

Comment

Won't be getting it anyway, so might as well go for broke!
                They do make the True Thinline quartz in blue ceramic too. Go on. Drop them a note.

Comment

I think they look good... just not 4900CHF (5200+ USD) good for the Hyperchrome bronze, and 2000CHF (2100+ USD) for the Thin vegetarian edition. It seems like for that amount of money there are some options from competitors.

If Omega is moving up to chase Rolex and having a new METAS "Master Chronometer Standard" more stringent than COSC, and Rado being in the "high range" along with Longines in the Swatch group, would it kill them to make these LE's chronometer movements? Lower brands along the Swatch chain like Mido and Hamilton and Tissot can come up with tonnes of chronometer watches for a fraction of the cost of this minus Rado's cutting edge cases.

Moving up the chain, if Rado were to fill the gap where Omega is leaving, they should pull a Breitling IMO and chronometer up all their movements for the higher prices they would be charging. It won't eat into Omega because they're moving up to METAS anyway. That's the only way there would be value for those prices.
                  Last edited by RaDoHeAd; 02-18-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike184 View Post
                    It's a modern Green Tiger!
                    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                      It's a modern Green Tiger!
                      Not really ...

0.jpg
                      Best regards, Mike
                      vintage-rado.de

Comment

More like The Incredible Hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
                          More like The Incredible Hulk.
                          Yes indeed, or maybe the Green Hornet.

Green_Hornet_character.jpg
                          Last edited by Tim.; 02-15-2018, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Remember this?

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 5.14.53 PM.jpg

Comment

I saw that on the Rado Instagram feed the other day, very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X