A bit of a folly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a folly

I just won an auction for a bit of a folly. It's just what you always needed and more!

The Rado Ashtray

Rado Ashtray.jpg

Rado Ashtray 2.jpg

Photos are from the auction site, i'll post more upon arrival

Happy Monday all

Originally posted by FUTURA View Post
    I just won an auction for a bit of a folly. It's just what you always needed and more!

The Rado Ashtray

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24870[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24871[/ATTACH]

Photos are from the auction site, i'll post more upon arrival

Happy Monday all
    Kind of a funny thing, that. Imagine this marketing angle..."enjoy the convenience of defacing our brand with ashes from your filthy cancer stick."

Who would pursue that today?
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
      Kind of a funny thing, that. Imagine this marketing angle..."enjoy the convenience of defacing our brand with ashes from your filthy cancer stick."

Who would pursue that today?
      Completely agree, however, marketing, brand identity and design have all clearly had a hand in this, the "ashing-hole" is offset like how the logo is represented on the cufflinks and similar accessories.

I do like that there are no "cigarette balancing scollops" and will probably use this for cufflinks and coins.

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURA View Post
        I do like that there are no "cigarette balancing scollops" and will probably use this for cufflinks and coins.
        Great idea. I have a handful of vintage ashtrays used for a variety of purposes, thanks to my grandfather who had far more ashtrays (and cigarillos) than one man should.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I've got one of those!! Easy Auction Japan me's thinks!!
          Chris

Comment

The Japanese like a smoke even in this age of enlightenment and its a nice piece, perfect for spare links etc.

Comment

Working...
            X