Your first 'proper' watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grantag View Post
    I really like the blue colour on the top model, Henry do you have a photo of the Sears watch? Also is direct-read the same as jump-hour ?
    Direct read and jump hour can be used interchangeably, though jump hours are also watches that have a dead beat hour. In other words the hour hand does not move from one hour to the next during the course of said hour. It will jump from 10:00 to 11:00 immmediately after 10:59:59.\

No, I do not have a picture of my Sears branded Direct Read watch. I got it in the late 70s and was not particularly interested in taking pictures of watches back then.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
      Grantag, no... I was joking that the first watch was sooo many years ago. The first I had was from the brand that had the John Cameron Swayze advertisements. The first I picked was a Jule Jurgensen I think. I remember my grandmother saying she would buy me a watch. I looked for about a month before making my decision.
      Ahhh righto . Ill have to go and research that watch now as i am intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
        Direct read and jump hour can be used interchangeably, though jump hours are also watches that have a dead beat hour. In other words the hour hand does not move from one hour to the next during the course of said hour. It will jump from 10:00 to 11:00 immmediately after 10:59:59.\

No, I do not have a picture of my Sears branded Direct Read watch. I got it in the late 70s and was not particularly interested in taking pictures of watches back then.
        You do realise that i will have to go and try and find a picture of one now Henry.

Comment

Working...
        X