Flip Regrets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip Regrets

Ive seen these immortal words on a few threads ' i wish i'd never sold that one ' or words to that effect.
    So, do you have a watch that you have flipped and regretted it years later or in fact the moment that its been slid into the Pillar Box never to come back?

Probably, I will regret selling this (I feel pangs on occasion) stunning machine:

Only 470 made around 1999. Famous El Primero movement, color-matched date wheel. Most comfortable bracelet I've owned yet.
    Only drawback was the screw-down pushers, which made it a nuisance to operate the chronograph.
    On the plus side, I bought it at its low-point of value and sold for about 100% profit after enjoying it a handful of years.

Also, I will likely wish someday that I hadn't sold this:

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I had occasional pangs after trading this away to a fellow member.

temporary_zps440a77f4.jpg

Finding the lapis lazuli version managed to get rid of those feelings in the end.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I have never regretted selling any watch. The first time I tried this watch to a fellow member, however, I did miss it. I bought it back from Peter and kept it for a few years and when I did sell it I did not miss it anymore.

P9151904 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I really regreted to swap over my orange NCC101 to a EOT member. It wasnīt in the best condition but since it went away i never found one in any condition again.

There are several more pieces i miss in my watch cases, but thatīs how it goes with with a evolving collection!
          Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 01-10-2018, 05:52 AM.
          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
            I really regreted to swap over my orange NCC101 to a EOT member. It wasnīt in the best condition but since it went away i never find one in any condition again.

There are several more pieces i miss in my watch cases, but thatīs how it goes with with a evolving collection!
            That orange one was special.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
              I really regreted to swap over my orange NCC101 to a EOT member. It wasnīt in the best condition but since it went away i never find one in any condition again.

Marcus do you have a photo?

Comment

I have sold very many nice Rados, but the one I regret selling most is the DiastarXL 40 years anniversary I gave Henry. Here is one of Henrys Pictures.
                DiaXL-40yrs.jpg
                Cheers
                Peter

Comment

Originally posted by earloffarnborough View Post
                  I have sold very many nice Rados, but the one I regret selling most is the DiastarXL 40 years anniversary I gave Henry. Here is one of Henrys Pictures.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]24877[/ATTACH]
                  Cheers
                  Peter
                  If it's any comfort Peter, this is still my favourite Diastar of all and gets more wear than any other scratchproof I own including my Louis Rossel 7924.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                    If it's any comfort Peter, this is still my favourite Diastar of all and gets more wear than any other scratchproof I own including my Louis Rossel 7924.
                    Now there's a stamp of approval Peter.

Comment

Thank you very much Henry.
                      Peter

Comment

Working...
                      X