Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many thanks to Andrew for the LR history!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks to Andrew for the LR history!

I thought I would start a separate thread, so as not to clog up the other.

Thanks for the extensive research and writing effort!
    I've added a link in the Rado Resource Thread under the non-Rado content section.

Oh, and how cool are those pocket metronomes!?!?!?
    I'm a muscian, you know--I may need to get one!
    Brad
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Andrew, I also wanted to alert you to this site, in case you're unfamiliar with it:

Espacenet

You can search patent applications...herein I have found loads of interesting info for articles on Rado/Schlup (case construction, rotating anchor logo, etc.) here.
    Perhaps you will find LR-related patents. The link above was a fruitless search for any patents by your Castelberg. Similarly, no Fritz was found among the Petitpierres named.
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-04-2018, 02:06 PM.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
      I thought I would start a separate thread, so as not to clog up the other.

Thanks for the extensive research and writing effort!
      I've added a link in the Rado Resource Thread under the non-Rado content section.

Oh, and how cool are those pocket metronomes!?!?!?
      I'm a muscian, you know--I may need to get one!
      Brad
      Thanks Brad.
      Yes the metronomes are cool and very different. I believe they can still be found on occasion in sale rooms as they were quite the thing at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
        Andrew, I also wanted to alert you to this site, in case you're unfamiliar with it:

Espacenet

You can search patent applications...herein I have found loads of interesting info for articles on Rado/Schlup (case construction, rotating anchor logo, etc.) here.
        Perhaps you will find LR-related patents. The link above was a fruitless search for any patents by your Castelberg. Similarly, no Fritz was found among the Petitpierres named.
        Thanks again Brad. No i hadnt heard of this site, however i have added it to my favourites, so thanks for that.
        The search for both those people ...(or just the one if my conspiracy theory is true), is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Ill bet someone somewhere will have a load of information on them /him . its just finding it thats the problem.

Comment

Great work Andrew.
          Fascinating reading, I particularly enjoyed the bit about Birmingham as I have friends with businesses in the Jewellery Quarter and I also used to DJ regularly at a club just around the corner from Frederick Street.
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Thanks for this great effort Andrew, outstanding job! It's a very interesting read. I was constantly refreshing the link as you gradually posted it last night my time, hot off the press.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
              Great work Andrew.
              Fascinating reading, I particularly enjoyed the bit about Birmingham as I have friends with businesses in the Jewellery Quarter and I also used to DJ regularly at a club just around the corner from Frederick Street.
              Thanks Scott, its been an interesting journey for me. Now I didnt know that you were a DJ in a former life...what sort of year are we talking?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                Thanks for this great effort Andrew, outstanding job! It's a very interesting read. I was constantly refreshing the link as you gradually posted it last night my time, hot off the press.
                Cheers Tim, to be honest ive had the house to myself for almost two weeks whilst Mrs G and the kids have been Down Under, so ive been able to badger away at this piece pretty much uninterupted. Perhaps someone somewhere will either find something useful in it or have something useful to add to it. Either way i quite enjoyed doing the digging as frustrating as it was at times. I do of course lay the blame squarely at Henry Krinkle's feet for getting me hooked on Louis Rossel !

Comment

I asm just reading the thread now and I will comment on this before I forget.

I think Kathleen Pritchard is right about 1966 and Louis Rossel. Mrs. K has at least one Louis Rossel that I* am certain dates to pre-1970 and in the past I have often suggested that the oldest Louis rossels I have ever seen appear to eb mid-sixties. I also have many LRs that clearly date to before 1977.
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

That blue Mardon does look like it could be a Lousi Rossel. The Fleet Alarm is actually much funkier thaqn the LR alarms, in other words more louis Rossel than Lousi Rossel itself.

Comment

Outstanding work Andrew. You have found a phenomenal amount of information on them. I tip my hat to you. I am quite delighted that the founder/founders appear to be ne'er-do-wells.

Comment

Awesome research Andrew, it was a pleasure to go thru it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
                          Awesome research Andrew, it was a pleasure to go thru it.
                          Thanks Jose, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                            Outstanding work Andrew. You have found a phenomenal amount of information on them. I tip my hat to you. I am quite delighted that the founder/founders appear to be ne'er-do-wells.
                            Thanks Henry, im glad its of some use. I get where you are coming from re: the rough diamonds that these fellas seemed to be, sort of likeable rogues.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                              That blue Mardon does look like it could be a Lousi Rossel. The Fleet Alarm is actually much funkier thaqn the LR alarms, in other words more louis Rossel than Lousi Rossel itself.
                              Agreed . I saw the Fleet Alarm and thought ..hello, ive seen this look before, then later on when i found the blue Mardon I thought , re-badge that and no one would ever know...and i really fancy one of those blue Mardons !

Comment

Working...
                              X