Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Rado from Ashford.com

Hello Gentlemen,

I've bought my first Rado watch from Ashford.com.

I am both happy and nervous ; happy since it was a childhood dream to own a Rado and nervous cause I am not hundred percent sure of authenticity .

Could you guys help me identifying the authenticity status of that watch?

Thanks.

IMG_20171227_104728.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kelso23; 12-27-2017, 02:11 PM.

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your first Rado, if it came from Ashford then I would be confident that is is genuine.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Thank you very much. Actually, this is my second Rado but the first one that I bought myself.

First one is a gift I have received years ago but kept it unworn (has too much of a sentimental value to be worn I guess(: )

So as for educating myself, I would like to ask you a few questions.

How would you recognize an authentic one, what would be your go-to point?

How do you keep the ceramic bracelet clean? where can we find out what mechanism it's using?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome, I will agree with Scott.
        That is a very nice watch, enjoy.

Comment

Thank you very much Jose,

Any tips on an automatic movement Rado ?

Comment

Hello and Welcome.

Ashford is legit. I am fully confident you bought an authentic Rado.

Keeping the ceramic clean. You should have a polishing cloth included with you Rado. You may even have another one supplied by Ashford. Keep them handy. Ceramics show fingerprints and smudges like you wouldn't believe. Wiping them with the polishing cloth is all you will need to do in most circumstances.

Your Integral has an ETA 2671 inside. This is a small movement known for it's accuracy and reliability. It is generally used in women's watches, but it's thinness and small size makes it suited to dress watches. Rado has used the 2671 in COSC chronometers within the last decade or so.

The 557 portion of your reference number is the movement code for the watch.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Thank you very much, Henry.

Comment

Hello and welcome, I would have no hesitation in echoing what's already been said regarding Ashford.com and it being an authentic Rado. As a matter of interest, did you buy it new or is it one of their guaranteed preowned watches?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                  Hello and welcome, I would have no hesitation in echoing what's already been said regarding Ashford.com and it being an authentic Rado. As a matter of interest, did you buy it new or is it one of their guaranteed preowned watches?
                  Hello Tim and thank you,

I bought it new.

Comment

Gents,

I also wrote it to Henry but let me get all of yours' ideas .

Finally managed to take a better pic for myself and read what's written below the 6'oclock. It says Swiss Made 015 . Now only thing I can find about that is fake Rados, though Ashford not selling fake, I am greatly confused. Could an expert help ?

Comment

Just to be clear , I am not trying to say anything negative about Ashford or anything just curious and want to learn more . The more I investigate the more I find something else to bug myself with (: I also never saw a user manual like I got or a card holder , all the unboxings and that has a different card holder and a manual . also cut of the edges of linen for the cleaning tissue looks a bit rough.

Originally posted by kelso23 View Post
                      Gents,

I also wrote it to Henry but let me get all of yours' ideas .

Finally managed to take a better pic for myself and read what's written below the 6'oclock. It says Swiss Made 015 . Now only thing I can find about that is fake Rados, though Ashford not selling fake, I am greatly confused. Could an expert help ?
                      IMG_20171228_183932.jpg
                      Last edited by kelso23; 12-28-2017, 07:43 PM. Reason: adding picture

Comment

The manual is legit, the polishing cloth I can't explain beyond this... your wallet is totally legit. It is a very new version. My Captain Cook released this year has that style of wallet. This is really good news for you. It means your Integral is probably not more than two or three years old, certainly no older than you might find at an Authorized Dealer.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
                        X