Something came my way...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something came my way...

It's a slick little jobbie; the first ladies' NCC I've handled.
    My wife and daughter don't really wear their Manhattans, so I'm not sure either will want this.
    It may find its way onward soon, but I might try to give the case a little attention and regulate the movement...
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 01-02-2018, 12:45 PM.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Nice one Brad, the ladies NCC's are pretty rare. I think I've only seen a 111, 222 and 444 but I assume that 333's and 555's were made as well..?
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
      Nice one Brad, the ladies NCC's are pretty rare. I think I've only seen a 111, 222 and 444 but I assume that 333's and 555's were made as well..?
      Actually, there is no evidence that 333 or 555 were ever produced.
      They are missing from the production data I got from Rado in 2002 (reprinted here).

Here's the fun part of the package:

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 12-21-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Nice one Brad, it looks to be in great condition, pity your girls aren't so keen.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          Actually, there is no evidence that 333 or 555 were ever produced.
          They are missing from the production data I got from Rado in 2002 (reprinted here).

Here's the fun part of the package:

That explains why I've never seen a 333 or 555 then.
          Nice box you got with it, I think my good lady has a similar one somewhere.
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Really nice pickup Brad. It's a bit of a shame that it'll be an in and out.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Thatīs a very interesting pice, have fun with the work on it.
              I also got some projects on the way, canīt await getting my hands on the stuff.
              BTW. what happened to your Cronometer project piece, did you find a matching case for it? Got the same AS1361N Chrono caliber/dial/hands module but i never found a working house for it, the dial diameter is simply too unusual. The most watches with that caliber have smaller dials mounted into cases with 32-34mm.
              Good luck anyway, Brad.
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                Thatīs a very interesting pice, have fun with the work on it.
                I also got some projects on the way, canīt await getting my hands on the stuff.
                BTW. what happened to your Cronometer project piece, did you find a matching case for it? Got the same AS1361N Chrono caliber/dial/hands module but i never found a working house for it, the dial diameter is simply too unusual. The most watches with that caliber have smaller dials mounted into cases with 32-34mm.
                Good luck anyway, Brad.
                Hi Marcus,
                Thanks for the note. I did (hopefully) find a case for the 1361N--I bought a full non-working Rado with the same movement and a gold-plated case which should be delivered next week. I expect there is a chance the dial will not fit (it is nearly 30mm) but at least I know the movement will. Mike Keller managed to find a case to fit his loose 1361N 56-H--I have sent him a note to ask for details and will share with you what I learn (and the results of my attempt with the Rado case).
                Good luck with your projects as well!
                Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  Hi Marcus,
                  Thanks for the note. I did (hopefully) find a case for the 1361N--I bought a full non-working Rado with the same movement and a gold-plated case which should be delivered next week. I expect there is a chance the dial will not fit (it is nearly 30mm) but at least I know the movement will. Mike Keller managed to find a case to fit his loose 1361N 56-H--I have sent him a note to ask for details and will share with you what I learn (and the results of my attempt with the Rado case).
                  Good luck with your projects as well!
                  Brad
                  Unfortunately, the gold-plated case with AS 1361N that arrived in late December was not suited to the wide dial and movement ring of the 56-H.
                  The quest continues. Still awaiting word from Mike Keller...

Comment

Working...
                  X