Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly the most absurdly over the top photo I have ever taken of a watch.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly the most absurdly over the top photo I have ever taken of a watch.

50 Years of Diastar

PB290043 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    It came on the very long brown strap shown above, but I have since put a black kevlar/leather strap onto it (another cell phone photo):

This is the Limited edition #01/50.
    My regular edition is currently on this fantastic cork strap courtesy of Brian.

P5302186 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P5302194 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Grantag
    replied
    Ok Brad , thats looking fairly serious to me. Ill get some bits together and see what i can do .

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    I had the benefit of an amateur lighting set-up...
    This is the sort of thing I have, though with only 2 laps, and two backdrops. And no stand for a phone, though I have a tripod for my digicam.
    It has been very helpful in getting consistently clear photos without harsh reflections or glare.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LimoStudi...&wl13=&veh=sem

Leave a comment:

• Grantag
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I generally keep the watch out of direct light. If you want diffused light get a table lamp and sheet of photocopier paper and a bit of scotch tape. Tape the paper of the table lamp, between the watch and the lamp. Voila, the world's cheapest light box. Remeber with a cell phone you can see the picture you are about to take. Move the phone around until you find a alyout you find appealing. Pay attention to how the light on the hands or dial changes as you move the phone.
    Right You are Henry ...I will have a play and post my work in a few days ...perhaps we need a sticky for Artistic Watch photography?

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I thought the Model 22 you had was on black leather? Was that oen of the LEs?
    It came on the very long brown strap shown above, but I have since put a black kevlar/leather strap onto it (another cell phone photo):

This is the Limited edition #01/50.
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 12-05-2017, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Cell phone photo (old iPhone 4S!)...no special skills needed:

It's far from my best effort, but better than most of what I see on eBay or Sales Corner, and it took me a few seconds to lay it out and press the button. I had the benefit of an amateur lighting set-up, and a decent eye for composition. But it's not hard to get images this attractive with a little practice.
    I thought the Model 22 you had was on black leather? Was that oen of the LEs?

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Grantag View Post
    Brad, that just looks so classy, i love it. Straight out of a magazine.
    Ok between the Genius that is Monsieur Krinkle and your Mobile phone wizardry i feel inspired to get my artistic Mojo working ..yeah baby yeah .
    I generally keep the watch out of direct light. If you want diffused light get a table lamp and sheet of photocopier paper and a bit of scotch tape. Tape the paper of the table lamp, between the watch and the lamp. Voila, the world's cheapest light box. Remeber with a cell phone you can see the picture you are about to take. Move the phone around until you find a alyout you find appealing. Pay attention to how the light on the hands or dial changes as you move the phone.

Leave a comment:

• Grantag
    replied
    Brad, that just looks so classy, i love it. Straight out of a magazine.
    Ok between the Genius that is Monsieur Krinkle and your Mobile phone wizardry i feel inspired to get my artistic Mojo working ..yeah baby yeah .

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Cell phone photo (old iPhone 4S!)...no special skills needed:

It's far from my best effort, but better than most of what I see on eBay or Sales Corner, and it took me a few seconds to lay it out and press the button. I had the benefit of an amateur lighting set-up, and a decent eye for composition. But it's not hard to get images this attractive with a little practice.

Leave a comment:

• Grantag
    replied
    Henry, Mrs G. loves taking photos around our part of the world with her phone. She set up an Instagram site for it and its quite popular , but I cant even take a good photo with a mobile phone so what chance do I have with a proper piece of kit?

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    Photography was something I once had an obsession for myself Henry. I still have some very good Nikor lenses and an old FA film body. I have a nikon macro focussing bellows I used with my standard lenses for this sort of thing, not as skilfully as you I hasten to add, but I enjoyed it at the time. Alas, only the more expensive professional Nikon D bodies are still compatible with these older lenses......maybe one day........might have to forego a few watches eh?
    I suspected you were a photographer.

I have sold off all my Olympus film equipment, but I still have a Contax and a bucket full of Leica lenses for it.

Henry your photography skills are of course legendary. I have absolutely no photography knowledge at all and reading through the posts am bewildered by all the technical language. I feel perhaps that i should start to learn a bit about photography as well as Rado watches and Dive watches ...this Forum should come with a disclaimer on the sign-up page!
    Most cell phones have pretty good cameras nowadays. I am terrible with them, but that is just me. I once gave Miles a bunch of simple tips for how I shoot my watches. I think it was in a Funky Friday thread, but I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Grantag
    replied
    I live next to the Five Rise Locks in Bingley, about an hour and half away from Macclesfield so not far at all and yes a meet up sounds great.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Brad , i have a very eclectic taste in music , i think if a phsychiatrist were to look at my record/cd collection they wouldnt know where to start. I always confuse the algorithms on websites because they think they can work out what i 'would like to buy' based on my choices.
    So i will listen to Sabbath then Queen then Elbow, Stone Roses, Kraftwerk,Zeppelin, Kasabian and the Arctic monkeys all in one sitting and a mixture of many other different Genres in another sitting but I do particularly like Pink Floyd.
    Re: Big Big Train i like Second Brightest Star and Spectral Mornings. re: XTC i remember making plans for nigel and sargeant rock were quite big at the time.
    Cheers
    Andrew
    I'm with you--all over the map!
    We should meet up and chat watches and music. Your recollection of XTC is much like mine...Nigel, Mecchanik Dancing, early stuff.
    How far are you from Macclesfield, East Cheshire? I'll be over there in February.
    B

Leave a comment:

• Grantag
    replied
    Brad , i have a very eclectic taste in music , i think if a phsychiatrist were to look at my record/cd collection they wouldnt know where to start. I always confuse the algorithms on websites because they think they can work out what i 'would like to buy' based on my choices.
    So i will listen to Sabbath then Queen then Elbow, Stone Roses, Kraftwerk,Zeppelin, Kasabian and the Arctic monkeys all in one sitting and a mixture of many other different Genres in another sitting but I do particularly like Pink Floyd.
    Re: Big Big Train i like Second Brightest Star and Spectral Mornings. re: XTC i remember making plans for nigel and sargeant rock were quite big at the time.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

Working...
X