No announcement yet.

Found a nice Rado but is it correct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to sound negative but another thought on this model and one reason I donít have one is the availability of a replacement crystal if the need arises. They are very rarely seen for sale.

Comment

Hi Jethro, does that mean it has greater value? or is a model that is not much sought after?
      Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Grantag View Post
        Hi Jethro, does that mean it has greater value? or is a model that is not much sought after?
        Andrew
        This model, and some others like it (Sunlake comes to mind--an odd name, to be sure) have their fans, but they were made for the Thai market, I believe and are not often seen on Western websites. This may be changing--ten years ago we rarely saw Balboas and other watches that were mainly made for the Japanese market. One had to use odd bidding services (abidko.com was my favorite then) and Yahoo Auctions Japan because Japanese didn't use eBay. Now it is more common to find Marstron, Newtronic, Cologny and Asian-market watches for sale on sites that cater to English-speaking customers.

The Supertime is one of those pieces that we don't have much production info about. I would not say it is unwanted OR more valuable, it is still somewhat unknown. As Kevin pointed out, finding a replacement crystal may be a challenge. This is the case for Manhattans, also, but they are still sought-after.

FYI, we have had very few threads discussing Supertimes:

http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...ight=supertime
        Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-14-2017, 02:49 PM.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Thank you for your information, i enjoyed reading through the thread that you included.
          I feel as if i know a reasonable amount about this model now with everyone chipping in and helping out..very much appreciated EOT members !

My only real concern is the Rado badge on the face being slightly bent and possibly breaking if a repair is carried out on it, either way its not perfect, however the fact that its a bit unusual and reasonably rare tempts me towards it.

I will let you all know if it indeed becomes my very first Rado.

Cheers
          Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X