A quick heads up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick heads up.

The important Rado links thread has been renamed the Rado resource thread and has been expanded.

It now contains every mini review of individual models that Brad ever wrote and also has new links to the rules for buying Rados and the Fake Rado thread. The old Diastar numbers, Starliner and NCC threads, etc. are still linked.

Going forward it will likely expand further. I envision it is a ready resource for all the knowledge this forum has accumulated over the years. We hope to add editable databases and I think a reference number/ movement number thread similar to Mike's might be helpful.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 11-12-2017, 10:15 AM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Brilliant, thanks Henry
    Andrew

Comment

I wish we could bring back all the shared pictures which have been provided by imageshack, photobucket etc.
      I was very sad to see what they have done to all the forums at the www. So many information have been lost. Not sure if it was worth it.
      I don't know any user who started to pay for the expensive third party hosting options...
      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Great work, Henry.
        Maybe a new and separate heading on the first page of the Resource Thread should be devoted to the threads pertaining to info for those trying to navigate their first purchase decision (e.g., the advice thread, the info about deciphering reference numbers). That might be a valuable service for new members and lurkers to avoid making a regrettable acquisition.

We could also potentially leverage something like Google Docs or another cloud service to store spreadsheets/data if there's no suitable option for this within our forum software.

Do you think we should include a blurb about why there are dead photo links (to reassure new members that they don't have some deficiency in access)?
        Cheers!
        Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-12-2017, 10:07 AM.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
          I wish we could bring back all the shared pictures which have been provided by imageshack, photobucket etc.
          I was very sad to see what they have done to all the forums at the www. So many information have been lost. Not sure if it was worth it.
          I don't know any user who started to pay for the expensive third party hosting options...
          As a matter of interest Marcus, do you still have access to your photos on the photobucket site or are they blocked there too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            As a matter of interest Marcus, do you still have access to your photos on the photobucket site or are they blocked there too?
            I still have access to all of my pictures on photobucket.
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

I still have access to them... what's the plan?
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

I still have access to them... what's the plan?
                If you don't have any other copies of those photos, perhaps you could shift them onto a more friendly platform for a start and then........I'll give it some more thought. Hmmm 3,113 is a lot of posts to edit, of course most of those won't have photos though.

Comment

If you don't have any other copies of those photos, perhaps you could shift them onto a more friendly platform for a start and then........I'll give it some more thought. Hmmm 3,113 is a lot of posts to edit, of course most of those won't have photos though.
                  If possible it would be great to at least get the pictures back up for Marcus' tutorial threads.
                  http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                    If possible it would be great to at least get the pictures back up for Marcus' tutorial threads.
                    Yes mate, perhaps a selected re editing of some threads would be a good plan to start with. We can probably all access Marcus' photos on photobucket, however he's the only one who can edit the threads........hmmm maybe Henry and Brad can too, it all takes time though. It would be good if a bunch of legal types were caught up in this photobucket scam, maybe they could get a multi jurisdictional class action up and running! I bet the photos would reappear like magic.

Comment

The problem is i would have to download EVERY SINGLE pic from the Photobucket photobucket site manually, there is no package download awailable . Has the same issue at Imageshack..
                      I think there are about 4000 pics stored there and i am really sad about it how the bucket site is acting. How many forums must have been destroyed for the same reason?
                      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                        Yes mate, perhaps a selected re editing of some threads would be a good plan to start with. We can probably all access Marcus' photos on photobucket, however he's the only one who can edit the threads........hmmm maybe Henry and Brad can too, it all takes time though. It would be good if a bunch of legal types were caught up in this photobucket scam, maybe they could get a multi jurisdictional class action up and running! I bet the photos would reappear like magic.
                        The problem is i would have to download EVERY SINGLE pic from the Photobucket photobucket site manually, there is no package download awailable . Has the same issue at Imageshack..
                        I think there are about 4000 pics stored there and i am really sad about it how the bucket site is acting. How many forums must have been destroyed for the same reason?
                        If you could get the phtos back for these threads Marcus, we could load them directly to EoT via the uploader and then put links to them into the Resource thread. A post there with links to these and some of the other good refurb threads might also be nice inspiration
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
                        X