Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this ebayer selling fake Rados?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi Tim, sorry, i'm as confused as you are.
    I'm sure i replied to a message from you re: the watches i was looking at on ebay in which you said ' sorry to sound insensitive but those watches aren't very desirable' or words to that effect. Obviously i've got my wires crossed somewhere.
    My Apologies
    Cheers
    Andrew

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Grantag View Post
      Hi Tim, sorry, i'm as confused as you are.
      I'm sure i replied to a message from you re: the watches i was looking at on ebay in which you said ' sorry to sound insensitive but those watches aren't very desirable' or words to that effect. Obviously i've got my wires crossed somewhere.
      My Apologies
      Cheers
      Andrew
      Yeah, don't know who said that but, "it weren't me". All good anyway. I noticed 2 Rados for sale on the exchange today, one's sold already but I think Brad's still got one for sale, don't know if it's your cup of tea, might be worth a look though.
      Last edited by Tim.; 11-08-2017, 05:30 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Grantag View Post
        Hi Tim, sorry, i'm as confused as you are.
        I'm sure i replied to a message from you re: the watches i was looking at on ebay in which you said ' sorry to sound insensitive but those watches aren't very desirable' or words to that effect...
        It was I, wielder of the blunt instrument of a typewriter coupled with my own exasperation at what some sellers attempt to pass as 'original.'
        Brad
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

        Comment


        • #19
          Ahh righto.. all sorted, thanks for that Brad, I thought the old grey matter was going into decline quicker than i had anticipated.
          TBH i get a bit confused when the conversation doesn't flow onto page 2 then 3 etc and i have to go looking for the messages in the hierarchy because the message thread became disjointed . Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as I'm not used to being on a forum.
          I keep looking at the starliner that you have for sale and have to admit whilst it is attractive I'm very conscious that I'm 'straining at the bit ' re: buying my first Rado so am resisting the urge to jump at it just to get the ball rolling .
          Cheers
          Andrew

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Grantag View Post
            Ahh righto.. all sorted, thanks for that Brad, I thought the old grey matter was going into decline quicker than i had anticipated.
            TBH i get a bit confused when the conversation doesn't flow onto page 2 then 3 etc and i have to go looking for the messages in the hierarchy because the message thread became disjointed . Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as I'm not used to being on a forum.
            I keep looking at the starliner that you have for sale and have to admit whilst it is attractive I'm very conscious that I'm 'straining at the bit ' re: buying my first Rado so am resisting the urge to jump at it just to get the ball rolling .
            Cheers
            Andrew
            Give us some ideas of what you'd like. I'm in the midst of scaling my collection back slightly and, while not actively looking to sell anything at the moment, might be tempted to part with something if you can give us a hint.
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Grantag View Post
              Ahh righto.. all sorted, thanks for that Brad, I thought the old grey matter was going into decline quicker than i had anticipated.
              TBH i get a bit confused when the conversation doesn't flow onto page 2 then 3 etc and i have to go looking for the messages in the hierarchy because the message thread became disjointed . Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as I'm not used to being on a forum.
              I keep looking at the starliner that you have for sale and have to admit whilst it is attractive I'm very conscious that I'm 'straining at the bit ' re: buying my first Rado so am resisting the urge to jump at it just to get the ball rolling .
              Cheers
              Andrew
              The threaded mode can make things difficult to follow. It can even ignore posts, but it can be changed to display a straight timeline.

              Just above the posts in every thread there is a grey box. On the right hand side there are a couple of drop down menus including one titled Display. If you select that you will be shown three choices- threaded, linear and hybrid. The one not prefaced by select will be the display you currently have. Select linear mode and your problems should be solved.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi Scott, well after much research , reading through earlier posts and written pieces by Henry, Brad, Tim and your good self, joining Mike Keller's site and reading posts on there and perusing your photographed collections , i now feel confident that i know almost point one of one percent of what you all know about Rados and watches in general.
                That said, i have gathered many photos from these collections and also from the internet and produced a very basic photographic catalogue of models ( not thourough by any means ) in a word document to try and help myself ( a) produce a timeline of sorts ( again referencing all your collective efforts) and (b) to find out which models appeal the most.
                I dont tend to lean towards 'glittery' watches with diamonds etc.
                I will list the ones that i like the look of . I have no real idea of their rarity or value at this stage , just that i find the shape or style appealing.

                Diastar with plain blue or grey Face.
                7750 Chrono
                Starliner 999
                Supertime
                Trident
                Marston
                Companion
                Voyager
                Stratojet
                Conway
                and strangely drawn towards the NC404 but im not sure whether its because its so 'out there' or because I actually really like it.
                Cheers
                Andrew

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi Henry, i did write a reply but again it doesnt seem to have appeared so ill try again. Thanks very much for the step-by-step guide, I have now got it sorted and can see everything laid out in seqeuntial order .
                  Perfect Thanks!
                  Andrew

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Oh and Scott, i forgot the Spacewing from the list.
                    Cheers
                    Andrew

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Grantag View Post
                      Oh and Scott, i forgot the Spacewing from the list.
                      Cheers
                      Andrew
                      That's still on my list too...
                      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Grantag View Post
                        and strangely drawn towards the NC404 but im not sure whether its because its so 'out there' or because I actually really like it.
                        Cheers
                        Andrew
                        From personal experience, it's both.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          So have i managed to select the rarest most expensive items in the range by any chance?

                          I saw a photo of a silver nc404 which to my eyes is much nicer than the gold one and i also like the plain white faced Diastar ( is that the 40?)

                          Having assessed my own tastes in the Rado watches that i have seen, I tend to lean towards Space / futuristic/Underwater themed watches if that makes sense, possibly driven by my formative years spent loving the Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet (Freud would have a field day with me)
                          Cheers
                          Andrew

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Model identification request from the great and good of EOT. Is this actually a spacewing? it doesnt look like the model that I like.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-R...cAAOSww9xZAfGH
                            Cheers
                            Andrew

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              It is a Space Wing but not the Space Wing we all know, love and lust for.
                              http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Grantag View Post
                                So have i managed to select the rarest most expensive items in the range by any chance?

                                I saw a photo of a silver nc404 which to my eyes is much nicer than the gold one and i also like the plain white faced Diastar ( is that the 40?)

                                Having assessed my own tastes in the Rado watches that i have seen, I tend to lean towards Space / futuristic/Underwater themed watches if that makes sense, possibly driven by my formative years spent loving the Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet (Freud would have a field day with me)
                                Cheers
                                Andrew
                                A NCC404 isn't too hard to find, is fairly easy to restore as long as the movement and dial are ok, but finding the correct rounded fishtail bracelet is more of a challenge.
                                The Diastar 40 was limited to only 600 pieces worldwide, although they are still occasionally available.
                                http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X