Viewing images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing images

I cannot for the life of me work out how to enable viewing the images of watches that people have uploaded to the site. I see a request to update my settings to allow thrid party hosting from photobucket but cannot find an option anywhere in my settings to enable this. Could anyone please advise?
    Thank you

Originally posted by Grantag View Post
    I cannot for the life of me work out how to enable viewing the images of watches that people have uploaded to the site. I see a request to update my settings to allow thrid party hosting from photobucket but cannot find an option anywhere in my settings to enable this. Could anyone please advise?
    Thank you
    I don't think the problem is with you, more likely that the photobucket rules changed and some of the images have been lost. This is an issue that has affected a number of members here.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Thank you
      Is that all images, direct upload vs third party hosted, or random images? Can you see the diplay back images I posted for you yesterday?

http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...od-morning-all
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Hi Henry , thanks for your reply. I wrote a reply to you the other day but it hasn't appeared on here so i'm either going mad or there is a glitch on the site.
        The images that you sent to me were perfect, it seems to be those posted on photobucket that are the issue.
        I tried three different browsers, added this forum to my 'unblock' list in my ad-blocker, and even signed up to photobucket and added this forum as the site on which id like to view images all to no avail .
        Cheers
        Andrew

Comment

Hi Henry , thanks for your reply. I wrote a reply to you the other day but it hasn't appeared on here so i'm either going mad or there is a glitch on the site.
          The images that you sent to me were perfect, it seems to be those posted on photobucket that are the issue.
          I tried three different browsers, added this forum to my 'unblock' list in my ad-blocker, and even signed up to photobucket and added this forum as the site on which id like to view images all to no avail .
          Cheers
          Andrew
          Ah, that is strictly Photobucket. They are ransoming people and want $500 USD a year to allow third party hosting. Those images are lost forever, unfortunately.

Comment

Ah righto thanks for clarifying that Henry, such a shame because for me seeing good clear images of the different models is a big part of my learning curve, oh well no worries
            Cheers
            Andrew

Comment

Ah righto thanks for clarifying that Henry, such a shame because for me seeing good clear images of the different models is a big part of my learning curve, oh well no worries
              Cheers
              Andrew
              Andrew, to help, there are plenty of photos of vintage Rado models on Mike Keller's website:
              http://mikekeller.beepworld.de/
              Click the links for galleries Rado Models I and II. Oh crap, Photobucket nailed him also--most images are dead now.
              However, my library of vintage Rado mini-reviews is listed here, under the Rado Resource Thread:
              http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...996#post340996
              My photo hosting service is still quite active.
              Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Oh dear...Bucket should be kicked out of the WWW!
                Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  Andrew, to help, there are plenty of photos of vintage Rado models on Mike Keller's website:
                  http://mikekeller.beepworld.de/
                  Click the links for galleries Rado Models I and II. Oh crap, Photobucket nailed him also--most images are dead now.
                  However, my library of vintage Rado mini-reviews is listed here, under the Rado Resource Thread:
                  http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...996#post340996
                  My photo hosting service is still quite active.
                  This is another one of those cases where maybe we need to build an archive of direct upload images right here on the forum.

Comment

Will help out anytime !!!

BTW i am about to delete my bucket account. I still got all the pics on my HDD so i will not go through the agony to download them all manually (one pic at a time...lol).
                    After that i will try to refill some of my restoration threads with the original images if possible...
                    Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 11-15-2017, 03:44 PM.
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                      Will help out anytime !!!

BTW i am about to delete my bucket account. I still got all the pics on my HDD so i will not go through the agony to download them all manually (one pic at a time...lol).
                      After that i will try to refill some of my restoration threads with the original images if possible...
                      That would be great Marcus. I still have a long way to go before I finish downloading all my pics from there.

Comment

I was lucky and had the option to download all of my photobucket photos in one hit when photobucket asked for money.
                        I use Imgur these days and it does the job. I post images on boards directly as I did with photobucket previously. Looks like photobucket has removed the option to download all photos. A pity
                        I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

Working...
                        X