MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

In keeping with a recent tradition started by Scott, here's my week of watches. Personally, I won't be doing this every week, as unfortunately, I'll soon run out of watches to post:( However I think it's a great idea to get more watches on the forum. As Scott pointed out there's not much in the way of "what's on your wrist today" threads of late and as this is our default weekly get together, perhaps this is the best vehicle to show a few more of the wonderful watches that belong to the membership. Having said this, I hope if anybody is inspired, at any time, to post a what are you wearing type thread, that they don't hold back on account of this practice, the more threads the better, it so often leads to interesting discussions and quite often new discoveries too.
    Without further ado.......

Marston Monday.

Monday.jpg

Gentle Tuesday.

Tuesday.jpg

Wednesday NCC 505.

Wednesday.jpg

Thursday Balboa SM Star.

Thursday.jpg

And today's watch is a TC Balboa Cologny.

Friday.jpg

Have a good weekend everybody.
    Last edited by Tim.; 10-31-2017, 07:13 AM.

The Marstron is the winner here for me Tim, but having owned a really nice blue dialed NCC 505 myself for more than a few years I cannot discount that. Also, very nearly wore that exact Balboa Cologny today as it is apparently a week of sub 39mm watches with a bit of a slant towards handwinds.

What my week was will have to wait until my Friday.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
      The Marstron is the winner here for me Tim, but having owned a really nice blue dialed NCC 505 myself for more than a few years I cannot discount that. Also, very nearly wore that exact Balboa Cologny today as it is apparently a week of sub 39mm watches with a bit of a slant towards handwinds.

What my week was will have to wait until my Friday.
      Thanks Henry, I often find myself choosing to wear the Marstron, sometimes through sheer laziness, cause I can't be bothered to wind and set another watch. The fact that it's a great looking watch also makes it an easy choice though. Looking forward to your Friday.
      Last edited by Tim.; 10-28-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

A great set of watches Tim. I reckon you're doing yourself down, you could easily continue this for a month or so without risk of duplication. I've found that this practice encourages me to wear watches that I haven't already posted so improves my rotation.
        Will post my choices once I get to work.
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Wearing an old big block Riquartz with a rare silver TC case. Have a nice weekend..

_20171027_065002.jpg
          Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 10-27-2017, 01:19 AM.
          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
            Wearing an old big block Riquartz with a rare silver TC case. Have a nice weekend..
            Nice one Marcus, I like the orange crystal at 12, and although I've seen one or two for sale lately they are pretty rare and getting expensive too. Also they only seem to be available in the quartz models, I've not seen an automatic TC mineral Ricoh, have you?

Comment

I got 12 of them, they all have different Quartz movements and very nice mineral dials like Heliotrop, Agate, Tiger/Falcon eye. Also the cases have different shapes...
              You can built up a very nice collection for a small price.
              The major problem is that the needed batteries are not awailable anymore. They had very small minus pole areas. The movement connector is also very small.
              With the new batteries you would cause a short from the connector to the plus pole right around the minus connector. The battery would be empty in no time..
              Thats why i always add a protector layer on the plus pole to get it running.
              Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 10-27-2017, 07:14 AM.
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                I got 12 of them, they all have different Quartz movements and very nice mineral dials like Heliotrop, Agate, Tiger/Falcon eye. Also the cases have different different shapes...
                You can built up a very nice collection for a small price.
                The big problem is that the needed batteries are not awailable anymore. They had very small minus pole areas. The movement connector is also very small.
                With the new batteries you would cause a short from the connector to the plus pole right around the minus connector. The battery would be empty in no time..
                Thats why i always add a protector layer on the plus pole to get it running.
                That's interesting Marcus, were the original batteries mercury 1.35v? What's the number of the original battery?

Comment

My week of watches.

On Monday I kept it understated with one of my oldest Diastar 1's:

Diastar 1 silver.jpg

Tuesday, Hardtron:

Hardtron silver.jpg

Wednesday, NCC 404:

NCC 404.jpg

Thursday, white Balboa deluxe:

Deluxe white.jpg

Today I've gone for the Accustar, which will probably stay on my wrist all weekend:

Accustar.jpg

Comment

Nice watch week Scott, It seems Wednesday was NCC day for both of us and I'll probably slip on my Accustar before work tonight, cause it's easy to read and reliable, not to mention being a great looking watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                      Nice watch week Scott, It seems Wednesday was NCC day for both of us and I'll probably slip on my Accustar before work tonight, cause it's easy to read and reliable, not to mention being a great looking watch!
                      NCC's are difficult watches to wear when the weather turns as I go to longer sleeved shirts for work and they don't sit as well under a cuff as Diastars, etc but it's nice to wear them when the opportunity arises.
                      I haven't worn my Accustar for a while as I've been favouring the Diastar Originals and diver over recent weekends.

Comment

Nice week again Scott. I have noticed that I tend to go through phases of how I photograph watches, especially if I think of something different and then try to get it right. Last Friday I shot the Louis Rossel with an absurdly overlit backlight bokeh aeffect. so that started something.

I perfected that shot the second day I did it, Monday. #3 of 20 Neinaber Art Deco.

PA220155a by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Those photos then led to a week of straight on dial shots, something that is almost unheard of from me. Tuesday, the Captain Cook LE

37631405230_ec634f5307_o by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday, Armand Nicolet L-10

37191157914_5051bab261_o copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Throwback Thursday, Jetliner

37946160921_fcb1fed74c_o by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And bookending the week, another absurdly yellow backlit photo. In a reversal of Monday's photo Friday's has the blue and silver of the dial and hands swapped.

PA270183 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And the less lurid, unbacklit version

PA270178 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Every watch I wore this week was 38.5 mm or less. No most weeks won't be this organized. It just happened that way, both in the choice of watches and photographs.

Comment

Marvellous Henry, a veritable feast for the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                            Marvellous Henry, a veritable feast for the eyes.
                            Thanks Tim. I rarely take pictures of my watches everyday anymore, so it was kind of fun to do an accidental theme week.

Comment

Good work fella!

Comment

Working...
                              X