Another Electrosonic and a couple f300ís

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Electrosonic and a couple f300ís

Picked up this esonic and a couple of f300ís. Iím obsessed with the hummers. The esonic was listed as a non running automatic, only needed a new power cell, the two omegas didnít run and bought cheap as parts or repair. One had the battery in upside down? The other just had an oxidized lower terminal. Both run perfect now. Iíve got three more esonics on the way from Japan and a very special package on the way from Germany. B199B742-27B4-482E-8977-FBF7F9DC5C4D.jpgCB376261-4F51-47B0-A306-733D0FFFA42A.jpg

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
    Picked up this esonic and a couple of f300ís. Iím obsessed with the hummers. The esonic was listed as a non running automatic, only needed a new power cell, the two omegas didnít run and bought cheap as parts or repair. One had the battery in upside down? The other just had an oxidized lower terminal. Both run perfect now. Iíve got three more esonics on the way from Japan and a very special package on the way from Germany.
    Wow! you really are addicted to the hummers, great buying Kevin. Looking forward to see what's on the way from Germany.

Comment

Congrats, Mister.
      I know how it feels when the Esonic bug is hitting. Have fun with the stuff!
      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
        Congrats, Mister.
        I know how it feels when the Esonic bug is hitting. Have fun with the stuff!
        Hi there Marcus, how's it going over there? Still busy?

Comment

Hi Tim, all good over here.
          The conditions at work are changing all the time, its quite turbulent: There is so much work to do but they still decruit 400 from 2500 employees. You can imagine what this means... :(
          Hopefully i am not one of the 400, i am getting further education so i am optimistic.
          In speaking of watches i found a gorgeous and rare DS which i will show in an extra thread later on.
          How is in going in here, any breaking news i should know about?
          Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 10-22-2017, 06:57 AM.
          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
            Hi Tim, all good over here.
            The conditions at work are changing all the time, its quiteturbulent: There is massive work to do but they still decruit 400 from 2500 employees. You can imagine what this means... :(
            Hopefully i am not one of the 400, but i am getting further education so i am optimistic.
            In speaking of watches i found a gorgeous and rare DS which i will show in an extra thread later on.
            How is in going in here, any breaking news i should know about?
            Still ticking along here Marcus. It would be good have a few more regulars back on the seen, yourself included. Latest big news is Jose becoming a grandfather for the second time, you can see his post on ff. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your work situation Marcus. Having been retrenched myself back in 2007, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, so good luck. Very much looking forward to you posting your rare DS.

Comment

Good to see you back here Marcus.
              Sorry to hear about the work situation, fingers crossed that you make the cut.
              http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Iíve been cut back on a job twice Marcus and each time I was given a better opportunity. Hope everything works out for you too.

Comment

I've had very poor luck with hummers myself recently .. out of 5 Citizens, only 1 actually works! 2 have open circuit driver coils (so I think beyond repair), the other two seem to have OK coils so it's some sort of electronic problem .. i'm not confident enough to operate on something that small but haven't given up totally yet. I have a Rado Electrosonic (working) incoming and another Hisonic (unknown) too ..

Comment

We haven't seen many of those Balboa Electrosonics here, I think Pablo had/has one but they're extremely rare.
                    I'm a bit too nervous to really take the plunge with the hummers, I have one the runs nicely but I don't have the technical knowledge to buy a non-runner.
                    Surely it's time for you to show them all together, it must be a really impressive part of your huge collection...
                    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

You are correct Scott, I have one balboa Esonic. Mine is the version with tuning forks markers, I think the more common dial. I have seen balboa Esonic with roman and arabic numerals, the later the rarest. It is a nice watch to wear the case is wide and flat, the sweeping hand is incredible to watch. I wonder why we have not seen silver color cases in the Balboa Esonic line, that would be a killer watch.
                      https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Do you have a picture of yours Pablo?

Comment

Never mind, I saw it in your instagram file.

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                            Do you have a picture of yours Pablo?
                            Sure but I didn't know how to add the vid, go here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWJEKMth1HI/?hl=es
                            https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Working...
                            X