The FAKE Rado Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a couple of problems at the re-dialers this week:
    First of all, they glued the anchor to the wrong side of the dial.......So I told them off and said "on this next one you need to print the jewels on the dial too". So.......
    s-l1600-12.jpg

....on the next dial, they glued the anchor on the right side and they did print the jewels on the dial but.......THEY LEFT THE NUMBER OFF!

s-l1600-10.jpg

It really is very difficult to get good help these days.......
    Last edited by Tim.; 10-29-2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pecardoso View Post
      Great thread Brad. Even before reading it I noted that the first link is smaller than the case, this difference in size is more prominent than in the original one.
      Good eye. I don't have enough familiarity with the authentic Sintra to notice that.
      (Another reason having one for comparison would be useful.)
      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

ohwatchwon-img600x600-1492688162xvmjwn15467.jpg

This one cracks me up every time I look at it...

Comment

Rado Worldmaster, nuff said:

FAKE.jpg

WORLDMASTER.jpg
          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
            Rado Worldmaster, nuff said:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24079[/ATTACH]
            That's an interesting one Marcus, definitely not the original bracelet but it is a quite similar to these early '70's Golden City's, which although not the pinnacle of Rado's design achievements, are genuine. Worldmaster is not among the list of Rado model names, so I wonder what it started out life as.

s-l1600-10.jpgs-l1600-12.jpgDSC09987.JPGDSC09979.JPG

Comment

Spotted this one in Japan.

1. Accent not separated over the
              parino1994-img600x480-1509787479deceul30311.jpg

2. Phillips head screws.

parino1994-img600x600-1509787479xvwiza30311.jpg

3. Japan quartz movement?

parino1994-img409x600-1509787479qa6hgi30311.jpg

Comment

This thread is fantastic for me as a newbie. It's really helpful when you point out the elements that are incorrect with each fake and is helping me to learn what to look out for.
                Cheers
                Andrew

Comment

apparently ronronron did it again!!!

ronronron.jpg
                  https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Originally posted by pecardoso View Post
                    apparently ronronron did it again!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24131[/ATTACH]
                    Pedro, tell me what i need to be looking for with this particular watch , apart from the fake looking colour and the plastic rubies.

Comment

Since Pedro has not answer, I will. LOL

You got it Andrew. The color of the dial and the finish is just wrong, we have never seen this in a starliner or any other rado from that period of time. Most starliners had silver, black or bicolor dials (the day-night version). Saying this the red crystals in the markers indicate that the dial was no original to a starliner, in fact I don't remember a starliner with crystal markers. On the other hand, can you see the gap between the date disk and the date window? that is not up to the rado standards.

My guess is that this dial born as a rado dial for a different model (for a different caliber also), and it was repainted and fitted in this case. I might be wrong in the last but I'm sure this is a redial watch.

Pablo
                      https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Agreed.
                        But I would love to see that dial in its original configuration--I have no recollection of markers like that.
                        I wonder if they were pilfered from a Manhattan of this type (although the count of small and large markers isn't a match):

manhattan-crystals.jpg
                        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Thanks Pablo ...my apologies for getting your name wrong , thanks for giving me that info, it just looked so wrong to me ..i didnt know about looking for the date window gap but now that you point it out it just adds to the whole 'wrong' look and feel.

Cheers Andrea ....cough cough ...sorry... i mean Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                            Agreed.
                            But I would love to see that dial in its original configuration--I have no recollection of markers like that.
                            I wonder if they were pilfered from a Manhattan of this type (although the count of small and large markers isn't a match):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24286[/ATTACH]
                            Thing is Brad ..those red ones look very cheap and nasty so probably not from a real Rado.

Comment

Another one spotted at the bay, a blue dialed Golden Horse Diver:

fake horse 2.jpgfake horse.jpg

The auction runs for seven days an its already at 100, gotta watch that till the end..
                              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Working...
                              X