Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pablo & Jose R U OK ?

Hi Pablo & Jose,
    With the recent earthquake and hurricane, just wondering if you guys are ok? Let us know when you can.

Im OK Tim. Thanks for asking.

I live in Guanajuato, very far from Chiapas and Oaxaca states, where the more damages are (and also the poorest states in the country). And Im also far from Mexico city, it was founded on top of a lake and is very succeptible. I have friends in mexico city and they told me the earthquake was awful but the people and the civil enginiers have learned how to deal with them. Fourtunately there were no fatal victims in cdmx.

Right now all the country is donating for the south. According to the last numbers, 2000 families lost their home and many more have structural damages.

image.jpg

The place I live is not a place were the eartquakes are a mayor concern. When there are hurricanes in the gulf or the pacific we get a lot of rain but the soil is good and we don't have flooding problems. Part of the agriculture in this area and north depends in those hurricanes, it sad but when the people on the coast are having a hard time we got rain, "money falling from the sky" my uncle says.

I hope Jose is ok.
    https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Hi Pablo, I'm sorry for all those people who've lost everything but at the same time glad to hear that you're ok, thanks for checking in. I hope we'll hear from Jose soon, although I think there are widespread power outages in Miami, so it may take some time before they sort all that out and he can check in.
      Last edited by Tim.; 09-12-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
        Hi Pablo, I'm sorry for all those people who've lost everything but at the same time glad to hear that you're ok, thanks for checking in. I hope we'll hear from Jose soon, although I think there are widespread power outages in Miami, so it may take some time before they sort all that out and he can check in.
        Reports here in the states suggest that Miami avoided the fullest force of the storm but was still inundated. I would expect that electrical power, internet connectivity and even cell phone coverage are hard to come by in many areas of Florida. The Keys were hit badly, I believe. I was there in June, and cannot imagine what the damage must be like in Key West after a storm of this magnitude.

Pablo, it is good to hear you're OK. I hope for the best...for everyone affected by these disasters.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Glad you and yours are safe and sound Pablo.
          By all accounts 50% of Florida is currently without power so I guess Jose has bigger issues than chatting about watches.
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Thank you fellows, back in business a couple of hours ago, we were spared in the Miami area a lot of trees down and lost power for a few days.
            The Florida Keys got hit pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
              Thank you fellows, back in business a couple of hours ago, we were spared in the Miami area a lot of trees down and lost power for a few days.
              Hi Jose, very glad to hear you're ok mate.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
                Glad you escaped the worst of it Jose, welcome back.
                http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                  Hi Jose, very glad to hear you're ok mate.
                  Likewise! Good to hear from you, Jose!

I cannot help but be sad that Miles is no longer around, and I wonder how his community fared during Hurricane Harvey. I know he was devoted to serving The Woodlands, and I expect the weather there was dreadful. Hopefully, damage was minimal to the homes of his family and friends.
                  Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Good to hear some good news.
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

I was able to watch some news today and the damages are unbelievable across the state, we are used to hurricanes coming to one area, this one affected both coasts of the whole state of Florida.
                      Once again thanks for your concerns.

Comment

So glad to hear that you are alright Jose.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
                        X