Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen another bayonet case back like this one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen another bayonet case back like this one?

I recently posted about a case number anomaly with one of my DS 0's, there's another difference also and I wonder if it's because the patents that were pending for the symbol etc. had been granted by the time this one was manufactured. The early model DS1's have no mention of the patents and this '0', was, according to the case number, produced after the first DS1's. I have looked very closely under magnification and there is simply no sign of it ever having been stamped, it also shows no signs of heavy polishing. Has anyone seen another like this one? Thoughts?

20170715_132708 (2).jpg

I saw one Tim maybe a couple of weeks ago, It called my attention, the first thing that came to mind was that it was over polish.
    Guess I was wrong.

Comment

I have. I had one on...something...maybe my donor DS0, [I] saw nothing to indicate it wasn't legit.
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
        I have. I had one on...something...maybe my donor DS0, [I] saw nothing to indicate it wasn't legit.
        I don't suppose there's a remote chance that you still have the case it was on or know what the number was?

Comment

I don't think so. My gut feeling is that these are early casebacks. Both my Jetliners are the post 1964 reference and their casebacks are the style with engraving.

P7070906 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
          X