Funky Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Friday

Hoping this Hawks Eye Elegance will add a bit of colour to what is otherwise a grey cold day here. I know many of you in the northern hemisphere think we don't know what cold is here, and to a certain extent that's true, however much of the older housing stock (like our house) are just single glazed timber and plasterboard homes with a token of insulation in the roof, not so bad in the summer but in the winter if it's 5 deg outside it's 5 deg inside. We've been rugging up and burning a lot of firewood over the past couple of weeks to keep the cold out. Thankfully our winters are relatively short and the weather should start to warm up in 3 or 4 weeks time. Have a great weekend everyone.

20170714_101642 (1).jpg

The weather has cooled here but is forecast to warm up again in the next few days.
    The cooler weather means that I can wear my one and only leather strap so the Diastar '0' comes out of the box.

WP_20161113_10_06_56_Pro (3).jpg
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
      The weather has cooled here but is forecast to warm up again in the next few days.
      The cooler weather means that I can wear my one and only leather strap so the Diastar '0' comes out of the box.
      Great to see your zero get a run Scott. I wear my new one often and it keeps great time, mind you it's on a seven row, I'm saving the leather strap for the early model one, once I get it........fixed. They're so much easier to read than the cut crystals.
      Last edited by Tim.; 07-14-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Ticino for me today. It's a lovely 34 degrees here in Muscat, back to the UK on Monday to reacquaint myself with the British summer
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JohnPat; 07-14-2017, 02:36 AM.
        See my collection slideshow at
        http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
          Ticino for me today. It's a lovely 34 degrees here in Muscat, back to the UK on Monday to reacquaint myself with the British summer
          So nice to see an undamaged Ticino John. I often get the impression that they're used as replacements for hammers in Japan...

Comment

Lovely Elegance Tim, I like the way the brown streak in the hawk's eye stone cuts through the dial at an angle.
            I'm a fan of those dense mesh bracelets too and have them on a couple of my smaller models.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
              Great to see your zero get a run Scott. I wear my new one often and it keeps great time, mind you it's on a seven row, I'm saving the leather strap for the early model one, once I get it........fixed. They're so much easier to read than the cut crystals.
              Nothing at all wrong with 7 row bracelets Tim. I often think that my zero would get much more wear if it wasn't on a leather strap but I'm such a stickler for tradition...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
                Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                So nice to see an undamaged Ticino John. I often get the impression that they're used as replacements for hammers in Japan...
                Ditto, such a well integrated case and bracelet design, and so rare to see one with all the machining perfectly intact like this one.

Comment

Still in the office wearing the Stowa Antea, but after work I will switch to one of my favorite pieces of funk

DSC_2591_zpsopcmejqm.jpg

DSC_0531_zpscuttpnjs (1).jpg

Comment

Esonic here.IMG_2126.jpg

Comment

Too hot and humid here to let funk be the deciding factor. I almost went all ceramic, but a smaller watch and a heavily contoured bracelet with big links is relatively comfy too. Possibly Rado's first vintage inspired modern watch- the "Starliner" Centrix. This is a stellar sub $1K Swiss watch, btw. I despise almost every watch in the current Centrix lineup though.

P9231473 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I'm sporting something that might be considered similar (though steel)...and is also vintage-inspired:

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                        Too hot and humid here to let funk be the deciding factor. I almost went all ceramic, but a smaller watch and a heavily contoured bracelet with big links is relatively comfy too. Possibly Rado's first vintage inspired modern watch- the "Starliner" Centrix. This is a stellar sub $1K Swiss watch, btw. I despise almost every watch in the current Centrix lineup though.

P9231473 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Very nice watches, hot and humid here today.

Comment

I am wearing my new Porsche today. The rubber bracelet is awful and the buckle keeps protruding so I contacted a PD dealer about a black steel bracelet. Now can you imagine a watch with a Sellita 200 movement and they are asking 624.- € for the bracelet! Thats the biggest fraud ever. Sent them a very sharp e-mail. But nevertheless I still like the watch and will wear it through the weekend.
                            Have a nice weekend everybody
                            Peter

$_57[2].jpg
                            Last edited by earloffarnborough; 07-15-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by earloffarnborough View Post
                              I am wearing my new Porsche today. The rubber bracelet is awful and the buckle keeps protruding so I contacted a PD dealer about a black steel bracelet. Now can you imagine a watch with a Selitta 200 movement and they are asking 624.- € for the bracelet! Thats the biggest fraud ever. Sent them a very sharp e-mail. But nevertheless I still like the watch and will wear it through the weekend.
                              Have a nice weekend everybody
                              Peter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23621[/ATTACH]
                              I agree Peter, that's robbery. You could buy a very good watch with a ss bracelet for that sort of money. That said, it's a sharp looking piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X