DS '0' DS1 anomaly.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS '0' DS1 anomaly.

We have long held that the change from DS '0' to DS1 was in relation to the use of the ss half case, subsequent research has shown that there are a lot of DS1's with what we would call a zero case, so, why? OH NO, here he goes again!
    Today I was looking at some case numbers of mine in relation to Kevin's recent arrivals and another of his DS1's with a zero case and a polygon cut crystal. What I discovered has given me pause to float another theory. I have 2 zeros, not identical, although both have bayonet case backs with the large seahorse logos and flat crystals, the hands and crowns differ. I also have a very early DS1 with square cut crystal and I discovered that the DS1 and zero case numbers overlap. The earliest of my zero's is #10395, the later is #112552 and the early DS1 is # 18255. So, very strange, its possible of course that someone replaced the cut crystal and case back on the later zero, I think, however that that's unlikely.
    I wonder if, initially at least, the DS1 type Diastar simply had a fancy cut crystal and the zero the plain flat crystal. Later examples with flat crystals, are of course, after the change to the ss half case and screw down case back.
    If possible EOT's, I wonder if you could help out by posting your zero case numbers, it's on the side of the ss case opposite the crown, you'll probably need a magnifying glass.
    Last edited by Tim.; 07-12-2017, 06:02 PM.

Here's a few of mine: first Ds0, case #16665, 30 jewel as1700 flat crystal. Ds1, #G134565-as1848-1712/13 25 jewel beveled crystal. Ds1,#252833-as1858 25 jewel beveled crystal. Ds1, #G144673 as1858 with 209 date stamp beveled crystal.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jethrobodine; 07-12-2017, 01:16 PM. Reason: Photos

Comment

My zero has a case number of 17248.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Some interesting ones there Kevin, thanks. The gold medallion is unusual, and the G in the case numbers, I wonder if they're Asian delivery, because of the 'G'. I'll add them into the spreadsheet too.

Comment

Thanks Scott, both yours and Kevin's are before my early DS1. We'll have to see what Henry's is when he gets back from holidays.

Comment

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
              Thanks Henry.

Comment

Working...
              X