New arrivals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New arrivals

Arrived today! Finally got a nice esonic along with three other nice ones. The big esonic was listed as working, the rest were listed as junk. It was running and still on Asian time but is spot on and humming smooth! The other smaller esonic is in good condition and started humming with a new battery and keeping perfect time. The diastar 1 just needed a stem and crown and runs good and is in nice condition. The manhattan is in exceptional condition, especially the dial, it needed the male end of the two piece stem and a crown, runs good too. Not a bad haul for 42,000 yen.IMG_0237.jpgIMG_0235.jpg

Congratulations Kevin that's a great haul.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Four beauties there Kevin and exceptionally good value too, clever shopping! That's the most interesting of the Esonic dials on that big one imo. Which DS is it, 1 or 1E, with or without 8 digit ref#? The Manny looks pristine and it has the full day wheel, which seems to be less common, is that the light grey or silver dial do you think?
      Last edited by Tim.; 07-11-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Congrats!
        Great find, all of them!
        Best regards, Mike
        vintage-rado.de

Comment

It's a Ds1, ref. #184417. The Manhattan is silver sunburst and pristine.IMG_0239.jpg

Comment

A few of my other Diastars and Balboas. I've got too many?IMG_0240.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0243.jpg

Comment

Can one really have too many? So just on that DS1 you bought, that ref# 184417 is the case number, I'm going to do some guess work and you can tell me if I'm close when you have time to look. I reckon based on that case number that it should have an AS 1858, it will date to between '69 and '71. If I'm right it's possible to be one of the rare dated AS movements, so check for a three digit code if you have the back off at some stage. You can see in this spreadsheet that Marcus has a DS1 case #175197 Nov'69 and that by Aug '70 the case numbers are over 200,000, so yours should sit between those dates.

Print_Area.jpg

Comment

As 1858, with 005 stamped. Is that what you're looking for?IMG_0245.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                  As 1858, with 005 stamped. Is that what you're looking for?[ATTACH=CONFIG]23572[/ATTACH]
                  Yep, right on the money, dated AS 1858 from May'70, I'll enter it in the spreadsheet. They only did this from '69 till they ran out of AS movements, based on the available data, in '71.
                  Edit: Kevin, I have added your DS1 to the spreadsheet, If you have any other DS1 & 1E watches it would be great if we could add them to the list, the more data the clearer the picture becomes.
                  Last edited by Tim.; 07-11-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23569[/ATTACH]
                    Is that a black DS '0' second from the right on the back row?

Comment

The back cover says it's a 1. Full tc case.IMG_0246.jpgIMG_0247.jpg

Comment

The case shape is slightly different which suggests that it's either a zero or on the cusp of the changeover.

Comment

The back cover says it's a 1. Full tc case.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23579[/ATTACH]
                          Kevin, Marcus has one with the same faceted crystal as that and it also has a dated AS1858, yours maybe the same, although I don't know if his has a full TC case. Is the case back threaded or bayonet? . I can't quite make out a case number in that photo, are you able to see one? If it's a very early case with a bayonet back the case number will be on the side of the ss case behind the lugs.
                          Last edited by Tim.; 07-11-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Didn't find any case number. Not sure if this is the correct back cover? Bayonet style but very difficult to get it off. Has an as1789 stamped as1700/01 movement. Also has the R crown.IMG_0252.jpgIMG_0254.jpg

Comment

Arrived today! Finally got a nice esonic along with three other nice ones. The big esonic was listed as working, the rest were listed as junk. It was running and still on Asian time but is spot on and humming smooth! The other smaller esonic is in good condition and started humming with a new battery and keeping perfect time. The diastar 1 just needed a stem and crown and runs good and is in nice condition. The manhattan is in exceptional condition, especially the dial, it needed the male end of the two piece stem and a crown, runs good too. Not a bad haul for 42,000 yen.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23565[/ATTACH]
                              Fantastic haul for the DIYer!
                              Your 23ES is just like the one I used to own:

Details here:
                              http://www.watchcarefully.com/inventory/23es.html
                              Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X