New arrivals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    Kevin, Marcus has one with the same faceted crystal as that and it also has a dated AS1858, yours maybe the same, although I don't know if his has a full TC case. Is the case back threaded or bayonet? . I can't quite make out a case number in that photo, are you able to see one? If it's a very early case with a bayonet back the case number will be on the side of the ss case behind the lugs.
    Your spreadsheet suggests that I also have a couple...
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
      Didn't find any case number. Not sure if this is the correct back cover? Bayonet style but very difficult to get it off. Has an as1789 stamped as1700/01 movement. Also has the R crown.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23581[/ATTACH]
      That's a very interesting mix Kevin. It's way too early to have a date code, this one dates from late '62 and into '63 before they put the spring pins in the half case. The case number is on the round stainless flange that the back locks into but it's around behind the spring pins, you may need a loupe or magnifying glass to see it. I'll try to find an example to show you. Sorry Kevin, it's on the side opposite the crown, my bad, I was thinking of another watch. Here's a photo of Jose's.

hR9KVNTh.jpg
      Last edited by Tim.; 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
        Your spreadsheet suggests that I also have a couple...
        Yes indeed Scott, yours has AS 1858 fitted, I don't remember ,is it full TC? I'll have to check the photos. Edit: So I just checked the photos you do have an early full TC case DS1 with AS1789 fitted, it has a square cut crystal case#111419 and you also have one with the same polygon edge cut crystal as Kevin's but it's the first of the half case type DS1's with AS 1858 fitted and a screw down case back, case#152497.
        Last edited by Tim.; 07-11-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Yes it is Brad, especially for the price. I bid high enough on the 23ES to cover what I eventually paid for all four. This is the exact model I was looking for but didn't expect to find one. Seem to have gotten lucky lately.

Comment

It's case number 116279.

Comment

Yes it is Brad, especially for the price. I bid high enough on the 23ES to cover what I eventually paid for all four. This is the exact model I was looking for but didn't expect to find one. Seem to have gotten lucky lately.
              It's a particularly rare dial, I believe. I cannot recall if I've seen a 3rd like it.
              Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

It's case number 116279.
                Thanks Kevin, I'll add it to the spreadsheet, along with any others you might have when you have the time. If you do have more, and would like them to go on the register, you could post them onto the DS1 and 1E spreadsheet thread, I thinks it's a useful reference tool for all of us. We don't have much data on DS1's with the 8 digit ref# i.e. 623.0003.3 etc. So if you have some it would be great to add them to the register also.

Comment

I've got several ds1's I'll have to dig them out and look.

Comment

I've got several ds1's I'll have to dig them out and look.
                    Thanks Kevin, that'd be great. You've also lead me to what may be another Rado discovery today. It's all in the numbers!

Comment

Great haul, particularly the large Electrosonic. Nice collection of hard cases too.
                      See my collection slideshow at
                      http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Nice haul Kevin. The Manhattan looks pretty nice.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
                        X