Anyone heard from Miles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard from Miles?

It's been quite some time since Miles posted (May 11th), hope he's ok, is anyone in contact with him outside of the forum?
    Last edited by Tim.; 07-08-2017, 03:44 PM.

I have not. I sent him an e-mail a day or two ago about a 36,000 vph watch posted on the TZVF. No reply yet.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

ive been concerned also. Emailed him last week again and no replies?

Comment

Does anyone know what other forums he posts on? I checked WUS but he hasn't posted there since 2014.

Comment

Still no news, I wonder does Henry have any line of communication now that he's back. Maybe Marcus also may know how to contact him, he briefly checked in yesterday, don't know if he's home from holidays yet or not.

Comment

I do not. The only way I ever contacted Miles was through the forum.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

No news, we only posted via the forum.

There must be an shipping adress from him somewhere, will try to find it to get written a small letter to Houston!
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

I did have his postal address but can't find it now, anyone else?
                See my collection slideshow at
                http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

This is really quite troubling.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                    I have only a little news and it isn't promising.

Kevin contacted me to let me know he had been in touch with Miles in April/May and at that time Miles let him know he was being treated for some type of cancer.
                    I have tried a couple times to contact Miles via his private e-mail, but only since early July, and there has been no reply.
                    With this knowledge, and fearing the worst, I decided to see if there is an on-line obituary but I could find none.
                    However, I did find this remembrance of him, posted by the community where he lived and whom he served for many years:

https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx....ry.aspx?EID=31

I'm afraid we may have lost a friend. I'd be glad to collect comments/notes from you chaps and send them along in a sympathy card to his family. Feel free to send via e-mail or IM (or post here) your thoughts, and I will let his family know we admired Miles, enjoyed his company, and will miss him.
                    Sorry to bear these sad tidings.
                    Brad

J. Miles McKinney, Jr.
                    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I have only been a member of this forum for a relatively short time but it's apparent to me that Miles was a vital part of our community on this forum as indeed it appears he was for the Woodlands Township. It was clearly apparent that he had a vast knowledge and understanding of watches, he was a connoisseur and displayed many of the more unique pieces I have seen on this forum, I think it would be fair to say that his watch collection is nothing short of extraordinary. Always ready with good advice and opinions delivered without fear or favour. He also displayed a passion for muscle cars and I fondly remember a recent online discussion that we had along with Jose about some of the performance cars that GM Australia were sending to the US. I will miss his comments and companionship in this forum, my thoughts go out to his family, I am sorry for their loss.
                      Rest in peace Miles.
                      Last edited by Tim.; 07-18-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Such sad news Brad. We were all starting to suspect the worst as Miles hadn't been absent from here for such a long time before.
                        I don't think we could say about anybody else that his collection is truly 'second to none' without challenge.
                        His knowledge was extensive and encompassed much more than just Rado, and he will be sorely missed.
                        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Although I have been with EoT for quite a while, I can only second what Tim has stated.
                          I think we will all miss him on this forum and my thoughts also go to his family.
                          Brad, please send a condolence from us all to his family.

Comment

Sad news, but something we feared.

Miles had more passion for watches than anyone I have ever met before.His enthusiasm was infectious. I will neever forget thetime he obliged me with an SOTC. I had been pestering him for...years probably, so one day he posted two or three dressers and a couple of china cabinets. They were all so full of watches that they were literally spilling out.
                            He will be greatly missed.

Of all of my watches that Miles truly liked this gets the least wrist time and therefore seemed an apropriate choice for my watch today.

P7180004 copy copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Miles's SOTC is sadly something I have never seen.
                              I'm pretty sure even he wasn't totally clear on what he actually had hidden away.
                              http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Working...
                              X