Manhattan Three shades of Grey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhattan Three shades of Grey

I always thought there was a medium grey dial out there, latest arrival in the middle.
    In my opinion:
    Light grey.
    Medium grey.
    Dark grey.

And here is the whole family.

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
    I always thought there was a medium grey dial out there, latest arrival in the middle.
    In my opinion:
    Light grey.
    Medium grey.
    Dark grey.
    Perhaps I am a born skeptic, but I may need some convincing that those are not silver, aged silver (or a different production run of dials with different finish than the first), and black.
    Lovely family, nonetheless!
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
      Perhaps I am a born skeptic, but I may need some convincing that those are not silver, aged silver (or a different production run of dials with different finish than the first), and black.
      Lovely family, nonetheless!
      I understand Brad but if it is advertised, why wouldn't it be available.

Here is the Captain Cook Black dial next to the "Black Manhattan"
      I' sorry but I'm still not convinced that that dial is black, maybe charcoal grey or some other type of grey, but not black.

Comment

I understand Brad but if it is advertised, why wouldn't it be available.
        Hi Josť,
        I don't mean to disparage your post or your collection, I am only wondering whether Rado inadvertently ended up with a darker run of dials, and then added the inset photo to the existing advert in order to show the available variation. It seems unnecessary for them to have intentionally offered two shades of silver that are as similar as those.

Comment

Hi Josť,
          I don't mean to disparage your post or your collection, I am only wondering whether Rado inadvertently ended up with a darker run of dials, and then added the inset photo to the existing advert in order to show the available variation. It seems unnecessary for them to have intentionally offered two shades of silver that are as similar as those.
          It's OK Brad but I'm still convinced that it's a darker gray and maybe there are more of them out there.

Comment

Found this one, with the darker grey, I hope.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rado...19.m1438.l2649
            manhattan ebay.jpg

And here is another.

Comment

Brad I owe you and apology, today I came across a thread by JunMel and clearly can see your point of view.

JunMel wrote,
              ''I thought Rado made a dial color like what you see. But according to the owner it was white when he purchased it in the 60's and you can see the difference. Well, for me it is a better color now than the pristine Manhattan dial. It's a 'Champagne' edition'
              rado rare 2.jpg

Comment

Interesting info Jose, I'm glad to see no handcuffs or whips were used in the posting of this thread..........oh wait, that was 50 shades, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                  Interesting info Jose, I'm glad to see no handcuffs or whips were used in the posting of this thread..........oh wait, that was 50 shades, sorry.
                  Lol, lol Tim.

Comment

Brad I owe you and apology, today I came across a thread by JunMel and clearly can see your point of view.
                    Not at all! I'm just not convinced that the darker color was intentional...but clearly, they offered more than one variant of grey/silver.
                    It's all in the name of open debate (something North America could use more of these days!).
                    Brad

Comment

Not at all! I'm just not convinced that the darker color was intentional...but clearly, they offered more than one variant of grey/silver.
                      It's all in the name of open debate (something North America could use more of these days!).
                      Brad
                      I'm glad you feel that way, the debate continues.

Comment

Working...
                      X