Funky Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Friday

Another watch that gets hardly any wrist time, a watch about which Rado says "we no longer have any information". Not the funkiest or most beautiful watch Rado ever made, but still, like most Rado's, unique and special in its own way. I think that Stratojets and Stratojet F's have become quite rare. I have only seen one of each for sale this year and I seem to remember one or both were junk rated pieces. Have a great weekend everyone.

20170630_140134 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 06-30-2017, 12:49 AM.

Although understated, I would argue that the Stratojet models are some of the funkiest Rado models. The markers fixed to the crystal give a look that few other watches can challenge.

Diastar 40 for me today, have a great weekend everyone.

WP_20170407_08_18_52_Pro (3).jpg
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Not to everyone's taste but my only modern Rado, the Xeramo, with a leather strap

Very light and wears very well
      I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

A now rare outing for my much worn and loved DiaStar, until recently I wore this everyday.

I am happy to concede that whilst i love it, the Gulf Racing NATO strap wont be to everyones taste.

IMG_0693.jpg

Comment

Mirror dial 101 for me, tricky to photograph but stunningly reflective!

See my collection slideshow at
          http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
            Although understated, I would argue that the Stratojet models are some of the funkiest Rado models. The markers fixed to the crystal give a look that few other watches can challenge.

Diastar 40 for me today, have a great weekend everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23513[/ATTACH]
            All time favourite on my bucket list Scott, this and the Accustar. One day!

Comment

Captain Cook for me today, have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by hongit View Post
                Not to everyone's taste but my only modern Rado, the Xeramo, with a leather strap

Very light and wears very well
                Did the bracelet break, as they were prne to do, or was it put on leatehr for another reason?
                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                  All time favourite on my bucket list Scott, this and the Accustar. One day!
                  Considering that 600 were made the fact that all the members of this forum over time have owned several percentage of the total output is pretty impressive. I like to joke over at IWL that the forum owns tenm percent of the output of the Neinaber Art Deco but only 20 of those were made, so not too hard there.

Comment

Zero.

P8133031 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                      Zero.

P8133031 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                      Always a winner!
                      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Arosa for me today.
                        20170630_120955_resized.jpg

Comment

It's the original leather bracelet, Henry. Came as an alternative to the ceramic bracelet originally.
                          I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

Originally posted by hongit View Post
                            It's the original leather bracelet, Henry. Came as an alternative to the ceramic bracelet originally.
                            Wise move. I never knew it was available on leather.

Comment

Wet Saturday

Hi!

Nice watches again! Have a nice weekend!
                              We have lousy weather here at the moment, itīs raining all day.
                              So it seems proper to wear a diver. My Louis Rossel 1627-AP is back
                              from the watchmaker, the AS 1913 runs strong and fine again.

LR 1627AP wsb.jpg

LR 1627AP a.jpg

LR 1627AP back.jpg

LR 1627AP c.jpg

LR 1627AP AS1913.jpg

No, my watchmaker isnīt a butcher, it looked that way already
                              when it came in years ago.

LR 1627AP d.jpg

BTW, I absolutely disagree on that, Tim.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                              Not the funkiest or most beautiful watch Rado ever made, but still, like most Rado's, unique and special in its own way.
                              For me, the Stratojet and Stratojet F are some of the Holy Grails of Rado, absolutely funky and beautiful.
                              Iīve been happy when my Stratojet F with mirror-dial and blue markers finally arrived after a long search.

0StratoJetFspacelet.jpg

0StratoJetFspaceletwsb.jpg

I found a matching spacey German bracelet fom the 1970s in NOS-condition in the bay.
                              Itīs thin SS with neopren inside and very comfortable.
                              Last edited by mike184; 07-01-2017, 07:03 PM.
                              Best regards, Mike
                              vintage-rado.de

Comment

Working...
                              X