Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable international Rado dealers?

Hi guys,

Today I visited a local Rado AD to look at the D-Star 200 dress diver, which I love the looks of. Unfortunately they didn't have it on stock, but gave me a list price of ~$2500 for the three hander here in Sweden. I can't help but think that this seems pretty expensive.

Are there any reliable international dealers for new Rado watches? After all I would rather pay $2500 and get the real deal than pay $1000 for a fake...

Thanks!

Originally posted by Malakim View Post
    Hi guys,

Today I visited a local Rado AD to look at the D-Star 200 dress diver, which I love the looks of. Unfortunately they didn't have it on stock, but gave me a list price of ~$2500 for the three hander here in Sweden. I can't help but think that this seems pretty expensive.

Are there any reliable international dealers for new Rado watches? After all I would rather pay $2500 and get the real deal than pay $1000 for a fake...

Thanks!
    i am unable to comment on reliable international Rado watch dealers, but as a generally tendency watches in Europe tend to cost more for the same model than the asking price in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodlands1 View Post
      i am unable to comment on reliable international Rado watch dealers, but as a generally tendency watches in Europe tend to cost more for the same model than the asking price in the U.S.
      Very true, unfortunately.

Comment

You can check Jomashop or Topper Jewelers as they are both reliable and are AD's.
        The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

View my collection photostream at FLICKER

Comment

Originally posted by SUCRAM1161 View Post
          You can check Jomashop or Topper Jewelers as they are both reliable and are AD's.
          Thanks!
          Joma sells it at about half price compared to here. Even after adding ~30% for taxes and custom fees it would end up quite a bit cheaper than here.

Topper doesn't show prices online - guess I'll have to call them for a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by SUCRAM1161 View Post
            I did not know Joma was an AD like Topper. I thought he was a reseller like Ashford.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

when searching for an AD for my dia5tar Rado USA told me AD's will not have a "add to cart" option, you will have to pay for it via phone. HighGlow Jewelers is an AD and I had a good experience as well as a very good discount when I bought my watch from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                I did not know Joma was an AD like Topper. I thought he was a reseller like Ashford.
                They aren't (I think, quoted from About us on Joma): " Some original packaging may be modified to replace the original warranty as Jomashop.com is not an authorized dealer. "

Comment

I checked and the warranty is Jomashop, so not an AD.

I don't know if they ship to Sweden and I don't know that they'd give you a great deal over the phone but I have had wonderful service from New York Jewellers in Chicago. I bought my first brand new Rado from them, in person, for my 50th birthday. Subsequently I bought two more over the internet/phone from them. The savings I got on the three watches in total more than covered the MSRP on the first watch.

I tried Ashford this Christmas and so far all I can say about them is good. The service from them was amazing, I got a 30 day gaurantee on the price I paid and the prices were amazing. I got my wife's Rado for around 65% off and my Eterna was 80% below MSRP. Ask me in two years if I have trouble with in house warranties.

Comment

I don't know if the AD's are even allowed to ship outside their assigned territories / countries. It wouldn't be unreasonable I guess.

Comment

Well, I'm in Canada. When I contacted Rado they directed me to some Canadian ADs, but frankly the prices form the Canadian ADs were 30% higher than the American ones. NYJ said they were allowed to sell to me and all the paperwork to Rado is correct, so...

Comment

Working...
                      X