State Of The Collection.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Of The Collection.

A slideshow of most of my collection. Everything shown gets worn. I have some others but they either get no wrist time or are in a state of flux.

Brad, I don't believe there are any no smoking ads this time...

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...view=slideshow
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Just need to find that perfect GP 404 to complete the sweep Eh Henry??? That Eterna is an amazing addition and really expands the collection in a different direction!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

View my collection photostream at FLICKER

Comment

I think I know where there's a nice GP 404...

I call the Eterna my "grownup"watch. It makes a great triple threat with the D-Star and the Centrix.

Comment

Such an impressive collection Henry. All appear to be in NOS or near NOS condition also!
        Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. Many of them are actually renovations to varying degrees. The DS "0"is built from three dead Diastar "0"s and parts from at least four other watches. All the Manhattans, the Starliner, the GP 505, the GP 101 and the stainless Marco Polo were big projects and quite a number of others have had more minor work done to them. Having said that, I'm pretty choosy about my purchases. I'd rather buy a dinged up Rado that has never been polished over one that has been over polished.
          Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

unless I end up homeless which is a possiblity..... something about ...cold dead fingers......
            The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather not get it that way. I'll keep working on the gentle persuasion angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                A slideshow of most of my collection. Everything shown gets worn. I have some others but they either get no wrist time or are in a state of flux.

Brad, I don't believe there are any no smoking ads this time...

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...view=slideshow
                Very, very impressive Henry. A load of great watches. Because there are so many beauties, it is difficult to appreciate any of them individually, if you know what I mean.
                Last edited by Woodlands1; 01-07-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                  I think I know where there's a nice GP 404...

I call the Eterna my "grownup"watch. It makes a great triple threat with the D-Star and the Centrix.
                  I know where there are a couple of nice GP 404 watches. One has a blue dial that has began to turn a shade of purple. I believe I posted a photo on the forum before.

Comment

I'll get one yet. I've actually passed on a couple GP 404's since I realised I nearly have a GP NCC straight flush. Apparently I'm waiting for the right one.

Comment

That is a LOT of watches. Very impressive. You've been collecting how long?

Does Texas weigh more because of your house?
                      Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I have been collecting since 1998. The Horse models were the first for my Rado collection. It sort of branched out from there.

It is surprising how heavy watches can be when you have a number in one box, or drawer, in my case. Even the wooden display cases holding 30 -50 watches can be a bit heavy.

Comment

a wonderful slideshow, henry. thanks for sharing.
                          if a slideshow pic contest shows up yours will be hard to beat.
                          my favorite pic is the NCC 505 one, super sharp. could be a picture from a 70īs original add.
                          overall a very impressive presentation. it definitely shows your potential as an artist. go ahead, henry!
                          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Thanks Marcus,

I really like the pic of the 40 Years XL, but I don't disagree about the 505. I think I did a really good job renovating that one and the picture shows the work I did off very well.

Comment

Yes that came from me and while is was presentable with just a bit of 'wabi' Henry the artist has made it specatular! It would look right at home at Basel this year

Comment

Working...
                              X