Rado Space Flight sighting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rado Space Flight sighting...

These are pretty rare. Unfortunately, this one appears to have some significant aging to the dial, and is missing the caseback medallion. I love the seconds hand, but the hour & minute hands are a bit shorter than I think they should be. Oddly, I just noticed that design flaw today.

@ YAJ:
    http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/v279419319

I had one of these (with a perfect dial but awful case & crystal) once, but it seems to have disappeared:

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

i really like the design of the Spaceflight but its too bad they didnīt mount a sapphire crystal on it. so it have to be a NOS model to catch my eye.
    the hands design definitely are stolen from the electrosonic model, quiet like them.
    also the brushing on the case are spectacular...once more: if its NOS !!!
    a great electro mechanical rado, brad.
    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
      These are pretty rare. Unfortunately, this one appears to have some significant aging to the dial, and is missing the caseback medallion. I love the seconds hand, but the hour & minute hands are a bit shorter than I think they should be. Oddly, I just noticed that design flaw today.

@ YAJ:
      http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/v279419319

I had one of these (with a perfect dial but awful case & crystal) once, but it seems to have disappeared:

Brad, the hands on both watches appear to be the same???

I really like the Space Flight. It is a definite show stopper.

Comment

Hi Brad!

Yes, the Space Flight is a very nice model. I donīt agree with the hands - they are original and long enough. When the hour hand meets the markers, itīs exactly one line like to see on the compare pic from my HP:

Best regards, Mike
        vintage-rado.de

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          I REALLY hate when that happens.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

The hands are original on both watches. I just think that they should be longer...the hour hand in particular is anaemic, IMO. I would like to see the hour hand reach to the inner edge of the hour markers and the minute hand to point nearly to the dots.
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Working...
            X