VINTAGE MEN'S RADO AUTOMATIC WRISTWATCH, MINT CONDITION bay description

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VINTAGE MEN'S RADO AUTOMATIC WRISTWATCH, MINT CONDITION bay description

Hello,newbie here found this on the bay anyone have an idea as to which model it is,year or movement. Seller had it described as a starliner 999 and when questioned that dial did not state that,indicated it was a mistake in the description from a previous starliner he sold and updated the description.
    Any ideas???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:B:ONA:CA:3166

Well...at least part of it WAS a King Diamond. The dial has been refinished and the dial and hands seem to have come from a gold watch. The case is from an Asian market Rado and does seem consistent with a King Diamond but I couldn't say for sure. I think the age is from the mid to late seventies.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
      Well...at least part of it WAS a King Diamond. The dial has been refinished and the dial and hands seem to have come from a gold watch. The case is from an Asian market Rado and does seem consistent with a King Diamond but I couldn't say for sure. I think the age is from the mid to late seventies.
      thank you.Is it worth it depending on what it goes for, not knowing what movement is in there either. I am just trying to learn about Rado's and even what to look for and spot on the bay If something comes along...

Comment

Well, I suppose if you like it, >$50. If it gets around $70 one can find much nicer and much more authentic if one waits.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

First, the "diamonds" aren't diamonds. They are crystal. If that was a reason for your interest, you may want to pass on this watch.

One thing to know about Rados is essentially all of them have the model on the dial face. When you see a watch like this one, it has been altered.

Comment

Hi!

Heny is right, reference 5370-T is a King Diamond, this one with black refinished dial without the model name.

Thatīs how the authentic watch looks.
            Not all, but most of the vintage Rados have a model name, if yes, itīs on the dial.
            Last edited by mike184; 08-29-2012, 06:05 PM.
            Best regards, Mike
            vintage-rado.de

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I did like the dial right away when I saw it but after reading the description and asking why it had no name made want to insvestigate furthur and I am glad I did. I will take Henry's advise and wait for that right ,instead of jumping to get one for the sake of getting one.
              The picture of the authentic one you have is a beauty....

Comment

Working...
              X