new balboa variation ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new balboa variation ???

surfed through the WWW today and found this stunning Balboa Excel. i dont think we have seen this before.
    it seems to have a almost round bronce coloured TC case and a different shaped sapphire crystal.
    the hands are pretty similar to the actual D-Star watch hands.
    thats a great model and pretty rare, never seen this at yahoo japan or anywhere else... enjoy the pic:

greetings,
    Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM.
    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
    surfed through the WWW today and found this stunning Balboa Excel. i dont think we have seen this before.
    it seems to have a almost round bronce coloured TC case and a different shaped sapphire crystal.
    the hands are pretty similar to the actual D-Star watch hands.
    thats a great model and pretty rare, never seen this at yahoo japan or anywhere else... enjoy the pic:

greetings,
    You have a new discovery. That is the first Balboa Excel I have seen.

Comment

I concur...

I've never seen that model name nor that case style before. It's sort of a cross between the Diastar 2 and the Eiger. Very nice!
      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I also agree. You have found new entry for Mike's hp.

Marcus- those hands are indeed similar to the D-stars. Another area where the D-star is closer to a Balboa than it is to an actual Diastar.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

definitely, henry!
          last saturday i held a D-Star in my hands and now im thinking the same: ist more a modern balboa, not a ordinaire diastar!

im glad finding a new model, i think it was my third model discovery after the DS48 and the balboa cologny!
          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

It's quite an attractive model too. Did you buy it?

Comment

no, didnt buy it. 1900 is beyond by budged
              to be honest, it was a very handsome watch. not too heavy and not too big on my small wrist...very surprising.
              im pleased with my vintage watches and this excel is also a dream of a watch.
              greetings,
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Which begs the question...

Are you going to buy the Excel???
                Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                  no, didnt buy it. 1900 is beyond by budged
                  to be honest, it was a very handsome watch. not too heavy and not too big on my small wrist...very surprising.
                  im pleased with my vintage watches and this excel is also a dream of a watch.
                  greetings,

I actually meant the Balboa, but I am so tired from work I didn't make myself very clear. But, what version of D-star did you look at? The same as mine? I can tell you I got a really good deal on mine. I paid less in US dollars than that price in Euros. In Canadian, even less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                    Are you going to buy the Excel???
                    im about to get in touch with the seller...a far east business man.
                    wll see.

a pic for mikes galery:

cheers,
                    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                      I actually meant the Balboa, but I am so tired from work I didn't make myself very clear. But, what version of D-star did you look at? The same as mine? I can tell you I got a really good deal on mine. I paid less in US dollars than that price in Euros. In Canadian, even less than that.
                      hey henry,

i tried the black D-Star, it was interesting to "feel" that watch...very handsome with that pretty flat case. but way too expensive...
                      Last edited by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.; 03-27-2012, 06:42 AM.
                      Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

I won't be buying something like this too often, I can tell you that for sure. It is one of the reasons I'm not buying much right now- the LR was bought with funds from a "surprise" cheque from my gallery. My wife apparently loves me though. She told me to buy it! If Rado builds a fitting tribute to the Manhattan in 2015 I will likely need one of those as well.

Good luck with the Balboa- that is a good looking watch.

Comment

thanks mate, im on the hunt already! ;-)
                          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

The design and the style are exceptional. Really awesome.

Comment

Nice find, Marcus!

Thanx for the pics, I will add that to the register this weekend.
                              Best regards, Mike
                              vintage-rado.de

Comment

Working...
                              X