Newbie - my first Rado - Musketeer IV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - my first Rado - Musketeer IV

I haven't really looked as Rado's much until I saw this and had to have it.

It's a Musketeer IV with faceted crystal that has a square in the middle with etched anchor, and a line going to each corner.

It's a bit dusty inside the crystal so I will no doubt have it cleaned at some point, but it's keeping time spot on. The strap is a bit dodgy so will need to look for a replacement ideally.

The reference number on the back is 625.3067.4, does this look right for this model? The number on the movement is 2798-1.

Cheers.
    Attached Files

welcome to the rado discussion forum, have fun in here.
    this is a nice and authentic musketeer IV model, the faceted crystal looks great.

seems the SS bracelet still is a original SK. if it has some scratches on it you maybe are able to polish them out with an AKO paste or some similar stuff. or you try to give it back the original brushing with a very subtle sanpaper.
    try the search option to find some threads with that term.

brad is able provide some additional infos on the ref.nr, he will answer to your request, soon..

once more: welcome on board and find out more about the big and colourful rado world!

greetings,
    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on what looks like and all original Musketeer. I agree with Pimp, that seems to have the original SK bracelet. That is worth trying to save,
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your times here! I will add that considering the age of the watch and the center lug design of the case, salvaging the bracelet will be nearly imperative. Though if you are looking to replace the best person to start will be an eBay seller named Squinky he might be able to source that bracelet. I would not imagine it would be cheap to do so. Though we have all gotten lucky in that respect at times.

Pimp and mike184 will be good sources to assist the the rehab of your current bracelet.
        The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

View my collection photostream at FLICKER

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The back of the clasp does have 'Stainless Steel' with SK beneath, the trouble is it looks like something has happened to it in the past and has about 8 links at the clasp end that are in the same style as the correct part but smaller width. :/

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have data...

I'm afraid I don't have data for that model of Musketeer. I can tell you it was built after 1971. The pre-1972 versions used these reference numbers:
            11992 Musketeer IV
            11994 Musketeer IV
            11994 Musketeer IV
            11996 Musketeer IV

You may be able to use them for a search to find replacement bracelet links or a parts watch.
            Welcome to the forum. I see you've already received a nice greeting from the group.
            Cheers,
            Brad
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Hi!

I agree with the others, a very nice and original example of a Musketeer IV.
              Congrats, enjoy it and wear it in health!
              As Marcus/pimpclinic, I recommend to restore the original bracelet - it has a special fixing and won´t be easy to replace. With a lot of luck, you maybe find a parts watch one day with a better one. IMHO, the Musketeer IV is one of those watches, which need to have the original bracelet.
              Best regards, Mike
              vintage-rado.de

Comment

Very nice Musketeer! Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lima88 View Post
                  I haven't really looked as Rado's much until I saw this and had to have it.

It's a Musketeer IV with faceted crystal that has a square in the middle with etched anchor, and a line going to each corner.

It's a bit dusty inside the crystal so I will no doubt have it cleaned at some point, but it's keeping time spot on. The strap is a bit dodgy so will need to look for a replacement ideally.

The reference number on the back is 625.3067.4, does this look right for this model? The number on the movement is 2798-1.

Cheers.
                  Welcome to the Forum. You will be able to learn a lot about Rado watches if that is an interest for you.

If I'm not mistaken, on this model of Rado look very closely at the center of the plastic watch crystal and see if you find a very tiny anchor logo.

Comment

Yes it does have the tiny anchor in the centre.

Is it just the plastic crystals that have the anchor?

Comment

Yes, the acrylic ones only.

Best regards, Mike
                      vintage-rado.de

Comment

Working...
                      X