The Official Louis Rossel Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Louis Rossel Thread

Content forthcoming...this will be available via a sticky link, once completed. Similar threads for Technos and other Rado-like brands may be implemented also, upon request.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

I think the best way to organise this is to do it in a fashion similar to the Diastar sticky: title your post with the reference number. Post a picture in the body and include any pertinent information you have such as movement number, case construction and any thing else you have. If you are posting a variant of a reference number already added make your post a reply to that one rather than another new entry.

We may be able to pool our knowledge and begin to learn a bit about this mysterious and wonderful company.

I can tell you that when I first mentioned " Louis Rossel" to Horst, my watchmaker, he scoffed and asked why I would want one of them- " they're little better than a designer he said". After having brought him a few he has changed his mind.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

1624-2

Hexagonal facet sapphire crystal, Stainless steel case, signed chrome cuff type bracelet, typical unsigned crown, signed back, signed 2836-1.

Comment

Ref. 7724 TC-Case

Hi!

Here are some pics of my Louis Rossel ref. 7724.
        Condition is NOS(except the small scratches on the back, looking worse than they are on the pics), the movement runs very fine(though the micrometer-screw is missing).
        The case has - like the DSs - a steel-base but with black PVD-coating, and a TC-shield. The sapphire crystle is hexagonal faceted, also a typical Rado style element and last not least, the dial has typical Rado ramb-markers, but crowned with emerald-green Swarowski crystals.

LR 7724 a.jpg

LR 7724 b.jpg

LR 7724 f.jpg

LR 7724 e.jpg

LR 7724 c.jpg

LR 7724 d.jpg

D = 37 mm
        L = 39 mm
        B = 18 mm
        C = 5 mm
        T = 12 mm
        Movement: GP 25 jw-ETA 2836-1 with hacking feature and missing micrometer-screw(should be possible to replace ;-)).

D - /Width without Crown
        L - Length Lug to Lug
        B - Band
        C - Crown
        T - Height

LR 7724 ETA 2836-1.jpg

LR 7724 back.jpg

LR 7724 g.jpg

LR 7724 h.jpg

LR 7724 wsa.jpg
        Last edited by mike184; 04-16-2017, 12:05 PM.
        Best regards, Mike
        vintage-rado.de

Comment

Louis Rossel Ref. 7724
          NOS condition, TC-Case, faceted saphire crystal, ETA 2828 movement, engraved original "Cuff" bracelet.

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Rossel model with GP coloured TC-case, saphir crystal, Eta 2836 movement, Bracelet is missing, Ref.Nr: 7624 (still for sale):

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Stainless steel case. Flat crystal, most likely mineral glass. Signed clasp- this brafcelet seems to be quite common on the early 1624's and is very, very comfortable. Early 2836.

37mm X 39mm X 12mm. The overall dimensions and case shape of the later 7724 but the SS cased 1624 variants slope away from the crystal quite steeply making them lower at the outer edges than the TC cased "diastar" types.

Comment

Louis Rossel Ladies, green Dial with some green stones, GP Case and "cuff" Bracelet, ETA 2678.

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Louis Rossel Automatic, brown dial, faceted crystal, AS 2063 movement, date only, GP case, GP NSA bracelet:

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Ref. 1627-AP Diver

Hi!

EDIT: The LR-diver is repaired and serviced meanwhile and runs fine.

Here are some pics of my Louis Rossel diver ref. 1627-AP.
                    Condition is fine(except some small scratches, looking worse than they are on the pics), the movement needs a service and the back a new gasket - the old one had been a greasy rest of itself. Theres a circlip between case and back.
                    The case is very massive SS, the bezel turns freely, has no ratchet. The original NOS 3-row-NSA was mounted by me, it came with an aftermarket bracelet.
                    The crystal is acrylic.

LR 1627AP a.jpg

LR 1627AP b.jpg

LR 1627AP c.jpg

D = 38 mm
                    L = 39 mm
                    B = 18 mm
                    C = 5,5 mm
                    T = 14,5 mm
                    Movement: 17 jw-AS 1913 with date, s.o. made a few scratches as you can see.

D - /Width without Crown
                    L - Length Lug to Lug
                    B - Band
                    C - Crown
                    T - Height

LR 1627AP AS1913.jpg

LR 1627AP back.jpg

LR 1627AP d.jpg

LR 1627AP ws.jpg
                    Last edited by mike184; 01-11-2018, 12:10 PM.
                    Best regards, Mike
                    vintage-rado.de

Comment

ref. 1627

hello,

I posted this watch on the funky friday thread, but here is a special Louis Rossel thread, so I post it again.

the crystal is flat, mineral and the crown is unsigned

a technical question: uploading pics from my harddisk seems to work only as attachment, while inserting pictures directly works only from URL not from harddisk. is this correct?
                      I would prefer direct inserting, but from harddisk !

best regards
                      behaem
                      Attached Files

Comment

First load it into your album, then take the graphic-URL to post!
                        Whats inside - also an AS 1913?

Best regards, Mike
                        vintage-rado.de

Comment

or that AS 2063 which built into the gp-model..
                          Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

The scratches in the photos hardly show up in real life. This watch is stunning on the wrist.

A large women's watch- 27mm excluding the large signed crown, 31 mm lug to lug, 10mm thick. 22mm, yes 22mm, wide cuff tapering all the way down to 11mm.
                            A gleaming signed ETA 1678 powers this day date model.

The bottom photo shows the near invisible Louis Rossel on the case side. This is typical of both the men's and women's rectangular models. Much like the Manhattans serial number it is usually buffed off.

It's really a shame my wife doesn't care for this watch- it's begging to be worn.
                            Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Louis Rossel Mens SS Day Date model.
                              Orange Dial, mineral crystal, ETA 2836-1 movement, size 40x35mm, signed (screwed?) crown, signed on the case (left side) and caseback LR 4127.

Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Working...
                              X