Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rado NCC Thread .. by popular demand ...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do love those

"fishtail" bracelets. It sets the 515 off a treat.
    Check me out at www.michaelseal.com

CHRONOLOADING
    verb - the act of making a workload expand to fit the time available. A crime often perpitrated by bad orchestral conductors!
    (Source - a word invented by Mr. G.Littlewood and Mr M.Seal, Violin II, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra)

Comment

Aww .. me not worthy!

Hey Brad,

Now that NCC505 looks great with that bracelet, amazing how much a bracelet really finished off a watch.

I'm going to pop one of these in a bag to you, came across it after I send you the one I did! Try it on for size, you may like the look of this one better.

Happy to help.

Kind regards,
      Jay
      IntrenUK
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to end up owing you loads of money if you keep this up!
        :O]
        I think I'm satisfied with the bracelet I chose...though I bet that new one you posted would look good on my chronograph. No, really, I don't think I need it. I like the center-link shapes on the one presently attached to my NCC 505. The rounded sides and straight sides, though perpendicular to the alignment of the dial opening, work well with the face of the watch.

Thanks again!
        Brad

Comment

Holey, moley Batonman ... you are so right ...

Hey Mike,

I just love these fishtail bracelets, these quality pieces and so very well suited to the larger Rado cases of the NCC, Diamaster, Spacewing and the like.

Has your new acquisition arrived yet?

Kind regards,
          Jay
          IntrenUK

Comment

Buy 1 get 1 free!

Hey Brad,

I bet that got your attention! No worries about the bracelet, whichever suits you best, price or cost is not an issue, I don't think I'll make a million anytime soon selling obsolete Rado bracelets! Just happy that your 505 is complete and to help a fellow EOTer.

Kind regards,
            Jay
            IntrenUK

Comment

No Jay - no sign yet. You will be the first to see it when it arrives!

CHRONOLOADING
              verb - the act of making a workload expand to fit the time available. A crime often perpitrated by bad orchestral conductors!
              (Source - a word invented by Mr. G.Littlewood and Mr M.Seal, Violin II, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra)

Comment

Great stuff ...

Hey Mike,

Look forward to hearing your views on it when you receive it, hope its here before the end of the week, got mine out the other day, will wear it when yours arrives! In honour of and all of that!

Kind regards,
                Jay
                IntrenUK

Comment

Thanks Jay

I have a tracking number and it has made its way to Franfurt Airport. Hopefully, as you said, here by the end of the week. I will now be going through the " bet it comes while I am out at work" stage! Is there anything more annoying?
                  I am also waiting for my bracelet to smarten up my Captain Cook and re-unite it with an original NSA bracelet - I have to say that I am looking forwards to that with equal excitement. You said in a previous post what a difference a bracelet can make - I wholeheartedley agree.
                  After all this excitement I must get around to finding suitable replacements for there 3 - the Ebnat is OK but the other 2 are wrong ( I think?)

CHRONOLOADING

Comment

Will get you them .....

Hi Mike,

I'll get you a bracelet each for the Golden Stag and Electronic. No worries there. Need to ask you to measure the top part of the case of the Electronic please, not familiar with the size on this. The Stag is straight forward, no issues there.

Kind regards,
                    Jay

IntrenUK

Comment

Jay - you are a star

Thanks so much for this. PM me with a price please so that I can renumerate asap.
                      The Stag is holding on to the lugs on a "wing and a prayer" - I daren't wear it outside for fear of lug failure.
                      The Electrosonic has the following measurements - The case is 26mm wide and the recess ( ie the part where the bracelet joins the case ) is 12mm across.
                      Hope this helps and thanks again.

CHRONOLOADING

Comment

Better new photos (I hope)...

I'm really a lousy photographer when it comes to still "product" shots. Here are a couple that slightly improve upon my recent attempts to capture the beauty and condition of the NCC 505 (with NOS bracelet) and Diastar 515:

Cheers,
                        Brad
                        Last edited by Watch Carefully; 11-23-2007, 11:27 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hey bRado.... Nice ...

Hey Brad,

I am getting used to that NCC505 on that bracelet, good choice, it does really suit the watch, it really looks the part, you chose wisely!

Kind regards,
                          Jay
                          IntrenUK

Comment

Thanks! (nt)

Comment

NCC Case Design - RADO Patent Drawings & Abstract

NCC case design - RADO Patent Drawings & Abstract:

Patent GB 1295347
                              Watches SCHLUP & CIE S.A.; 17 Feb 1970 [17 Feb 1969]
                              7471/70 Heading G3T

A watch case, which may be rectangular, is waterproofed by means of an inner
                              cup-shaped membrane 3 (e.g. rubber or elastomer) which surrounds a cylindrical
                              movement 1 and is compressed between a watch glass 6 and a bottom
                              portion 13 of case back 11 when the latter is attached to a front 12 by screws
                              15. The compression is limited by abutting surfaces 11a, 12a and the seal is
                              assisted by a rim bead 5 on the membrane 3. Other, outwardly directed, beads
                              (18, 19) Fig. 3 and a cylindrical metal insert 4 in the member 3 help to
                              shockproof the movement 1 and to locate it axially and transversely in the
                              case. A winding and setting stem passes through a tube (8) Figs. 1 and 2
                              which is glued to the membrane 3 and/or attached to a collar embedded therein.
                              The construction may be used with a flat sapphire glass (6a) Fig.5 and a
                              dished dial (2a).

CLAIMS:
                              1. A watertight watchcase for wristwatches comprising, in combination, a vessel made out of a soft flexible or resilient material and having a bottom portion and a lateral portion extending upright from the periphery of the bottom portion and having an upper edge, a watch glass having an inner- and an outer side surface, the glass inner side surface having a peripheral portion lying on the upper edge of the lateral portion of the vessel, a bottom of an external capsule engaging the bottom portion of the flexible or resilient vessel and having a peripheral flange with a flat upper surface surrounding said vessel, an external bezel engaging a peripheral portion of the outer side surface of the glass and having a peripheral flange with a flat lower surface surrounding said vessel, and removable securing means firmly holding said flat upper surface of the bottom piece and said flat lower surface of the bezel in abutting engagement with each other, thereby causing the glass to be pressed on the vessel to a predetermined extent, said vessel and said glass constituting an internal sealed capsule for the watch movement, and said bottom piece and said bezel constituting an external capsule encompassing said internal capsule and ensuring the closure thereof by holding said vessel and said glass in a predetermined position with respect to each other, the tight seal between said vessel and said glass being exclusively ensured by the glass pressing in a direction parallel to the watchcase axis on the upper edge of the lateral portion of the vessel under the action of said external capsule, the degree of axial pressure of the glass on the vessel being determined by the external capsule so as to ensure a tight seal between the glass and the vessel, but to prevent the vessel and the glass from being subjected to an excessive stress.

2. A watertight watchcase according to claim 1, the inner side surface and the outer side surface of said lateral portion of the vessel being cooperatively shaped in such manner to the outer side surface of the watch movement to be received by said internal capsule and to the inner side surfaces of said peripheral flanges, respectively, as to cause said lateral portion of the vessel to be pressed in a direction perpendicular to the watchcase axis between the watch movement and at least one of said peripheral flanges thus causing a clamping action to be exerted on the watch movement and holding this movement transversely and axially in a predetermined position within said internal capsule.

3. A watertight watchcase according to claim 2, further comprising a peripheral rim formed integrally with said lateral portion of the vessel and projecting radially outwards from the outer side surface thereof, said rim extending all round said lateral portion and having a rounded cross-section and said lateral portion engaging said at least one peripheral flange by means of said rim, thereby producing said pressing in a direction perpendicular to the watchcase axis in said lateral portion of the vessel and causing the watch movement to be clamped and held transversely and axially within said internal capsule.

4. A watertight watchcase according to claim 1, further comprising a continuous, uninterrupted rim formed integrally with said lateral portion of the vessel and projecting axially upwards from said upper edge thereof, said rim having a rounded crosssection and engaging said peripheral portion of the inner side surface of the watch glass.

5. A watertight watchcase according to any one of the Claims 1, 2 and 4, further comprising a rigid ring inserted in said lateral portion of the vessel so as to extend over a part thereof from said bottom portion, said ring serving as a support for the watch movement in order to hold said movement in a predetermined axial position within said internal capsule, a peripheral rim being formed integrally with the part of said lateral portion of the vessel which extends above said ring and projecting radially outwards from the outer side surface of said lateral portion, said rim having a rounded cross-section and extending around said lateral portion on the same level as an outer bearing surface of the watch movement and engaging said peripheral flange of said bezel or of said bottom thereby causing said lateral portion to clamp the watch movement and to hold it transversely and axially within said internal capsule.

6. A watertight watchcase substantially as disclosed heretofore with reference to Figs. 1 to 4.

7. A watertight watchcase substantially as disclosed heretofore with reference to Fig. 5.
                              Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

My complete NCC Edition Collection !!!

As brad desired, i provide the pictures of my Rado NCC Edition Collection.
                                The pics are made with a pretty good Canon Digital Camera, i hope they will fit for this important Forum Thread.
                                here we go:

plus the GP NCC 202 with the massive 22mm NSA-bracelet:

and the latest arrival, the SS NCC 202 straight from swiss + NCC 303 from jay.
                                two wonderful and perfect fitting together examples:

and finally, a wristshot of my two absolute favorites... (just for you, sucram):

thanks to all EOTīs, this is for you!
                                cheers,
                                Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Working...
                                X