Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That boat fire in CA is really disturbing news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That boat fire in CA is really disturbing news.

I thought of you guys when I heard about this.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/02/us/ca...cue/index.html

So many questions about how this could have been avoided. This must be the definition of horrific.
    Dreadful.
    Hope you are all well and safe.
    B

Yes, truly terrible.

Comment

Horrific.

Comment

That is horrible, indeed. I don't think we have enough details to know for sure, but it disturbed me that 5 crew members escaped on a life raft while all the clients died below. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          That is horrible, indeed. I don't think we have enough details to know for sure, but it disturbed me that 5 crew members escaped on a life raft while all the clients died below. Terrible.
          I was thinking the same thing. However, I need more information before making a judgement. It could be totally legit.
          Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Ditto.

Originally posted by cdnwatchguy View Post

I was thinking the same thing. However, I need more information before making a judgement. It could be totally legit.
            And Ditto. One wonders if there was sufficient fire fighting equipment, I'm sure there'll be a thorough investigation and eventually all these details will come out.

Comment

I agree we still don't have enough info to form a valid conclusion, but let me say that if I were the captain of that vessel, I would not have jumped off to save my life while all my passengers died below deck. I would not have been able to live with myself having done so. We shall see once the investigation is complete.

Comment

If I were the captain of that vessel, I would not have jumped off to save my life while all my passengers died below deck. I would not have been able to live with myself having done so.
                I had similar thoughts, but the prevalence of honor and duty seems to be diminishing with successive generations.
                Last edited by Watch Carefully; 09-06-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I just read this morning that the crew said they tried to rescue them, but couldn't and abandoned ship. The owners are filing suit to force families that plan to sue to do so within 6 months to limit the owners liability. I'm sure that's the insurance companies directive, but it's also pretty damned callous given what happened.

Comment

Working...
                  X