"But if Santa could do it, so could The Grinch..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But if Santa could do it, so could The Grinch..."

What made Seiko think they could introduce a gold "turtle" and I can't have one? A little sanding, tape, some ss primer, gold paint and viola! W_CB08C-22A20PGD_Seiko-SRPC44-Gold-Turtle-MT_2000x.jpg
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Dave, you've done an excellent job with what looks lie a complex and difficult task.
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
      Dave, you've done an excellent job with what looks lie a complex and difficult task.
      A lot easier than you might think George. I removed the strap of course. Then I used a Scotch-Brite pad to remove the sheen. Then I put a circle of painter's tape around the edge of the bezel and folded it over the dial, to protect the bezel edge and dial from paint. A couple of light coats of primer and a couple of coats of gold paint then a couple of coats of clear-coat, that's it. The hardest part was my own impatience, waiting 24 hours between coats. Then turning it over to do the other side. It took a week to paint something that small...lol
      sigpic

Comment

The pictures make the crown and besel insert look as though they're gold colored. I guess that's an optical misconstrusion.

By the way, I live a little north and west of Charleston, these days. Small city named Aiken, 20 or so miles east of Augusta GA.

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
          The pictures make the crown and besel insert look as though they're gold colored. I guess that's an optical misconstrusion.

By the way, I live a little north and west of Charleston, these days. Small city named Aiken, 20 or so miles east of Augusta GA.

George
          I'm on one of the Gulf Islands off the coast of Vancouver. In the States the island chain is called the Juan de Fuca islands. When you cross the 49th parallel they change names to the Gulf Islands. The island is the size of Manhattan with only 4,000 people
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Marskell View Post

I'm on one of the Gulf Islands off the coast of Vancouver. In the States the island chain is called the Juan de Fuca islands. When you cross the 49th parallel they change names to the Gulf Islands. The island is the size of Manhattan with only 4,000 people
            I thought they closed Alcatraz? Lol
            JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by JP(Canada) View Post

I thought they closed Alcatraz? Lol
              Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Looks damned good, Dave.

Comment

D*mned impressive, Dave!

Comment

WOW!! That is a new level of dedication!

Oh and welcome back!!

Comment

Working...
                    X