Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy weekend, all, what's on your wrist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy weekend, all, what's on your wrist?

I pulled out the TT Seamaster this morning...

JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Five days running...

Nice Omega

HOGW

Kurt
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Nice choices, Gents! Sea-Dweller for me today.

Comment

Mission 31 for now and for the next day or two as it is the only watch I've brought with me. Moving my niece into college this week

Comment

Most of the week, I was wearing the unfancy version of Chris's new Seiko. Hand wind, hack, and highly accurate. Seiko's got a real winner in this new movement coupled with an old proven platform. Far better than watches costing ten times as much.

Seiko new00.jpg

Switched over to my Pelagos today.

tudor pelagos02.jpg

George
          Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Old snap of what I'm wearing this Sunday, and probably most of the week while traveling.

This watch has classic weight weight and size proportions, which makes it the king of comfort. Love that!

JP

Comment

Great choice!
              "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

IWC last week

Has the Cal 89 movement. Dates from my birth year.

Lovely Omegas. Hey George, nice Seiko, but the crown at 18 rather than 20 as in the 6309 jumps out at me. I prefer markers, etc to line up.
                Last edited by hongit; 08-25-2019, 05:32 PM.
                I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

Hm, never noticed that. You inspired me to check and, sure enough, the crown is between 18 and 19. So is the crown on my Stargate. Checking some pictures of two different 6309s, so is the crown on that watch.

6309 under glass.jpg

6309.II.03.jpg

In fact, the only Seiko I found with the crown at 4 was my Willard.

Seiko 8119small.jpg

Apparently, the movement design accounts for the slight difference. Another comparison shot: Seiko 3 divers.jpg

Good eyes. As I said, I never noticed the slight variation between movements.

Beautiful IWC, too.

George
                  Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Still honeymooning. IMG-0306.JPG
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey George, that's the reason I never bonded with the Seiko divers with the 7S26 movements, i.e., the crown at 18-ish used to drive me nuts. Whereas the 6 series, like the 6105 (as in your Willard) and the 6309, etc, and the 7002 diver from memory had its crown at 20. I had a thing for these divers a while back, but passed them on eventually.
                      I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Marskell View Post
                        Still honeymooning. IMG-0306.JPG
                        Beauty, Dave! And, welcome back!
                        JP

Comment

Dave, that's a gorgeous piece of machinery! Where are you now, Bro?

Hongit: Well, the 6309 did have the slightly offset crown. See above. Still, I can understand about little stuff that bugs you. I'm that way about a number of otherwise reputable watches (Doxa). On the other hand, the new Turtles have some outstanding features that matter more to me than crown placement: hacking, outstanding accuracy, and they wind smooth as silk. Add in the legendary Seiko reliability and you have a watch that is better than most big name divers with a much higher MSRP. Oh, and the 6309 and 6105 have two different movements. How do I know? The 6105 hacks.

George

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                            Dave, that's a gorgeous piece of machinery! Where are you now, Bro?

Hongit: Well, the 6309 did have the slightly offset crown. See above. Still, I can understand about little stuff that bugs you. I'm that way about a number of otherwise reputable watches (Doxa). On the other hand, the new Turtles have some outstanding features that matter more to me than crown placement: hacking, outstanding accuracy, and they wind smooth as silk. Add in the legendary Seiko reliability and you have a watch that is better than most big name divers with a much higher MSRP. Oh, and the 6309 and 6105 have two different movements. How do I know? The 6105 hacks.

George
                            Still in the same place brother George, I think...lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post

George
                              This is interesting, just checked my Monster and an SKX, both have this offset alignment , looks like they've been designed so the bottom of the crown lines up with 20, whereas my early 70's Seiko 5 is centred on 20, can't say I've ever noticed this before, so I guess it doesn't bother me.

Tim
                              Last edited by Tim.; 08-26-2019, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X