Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 200 Restoration Project

I blame Chris.

He started a thread about Jonesing after a vintage Omega SM 1000 he'd found for sale. That recalled an Omega SM 200 I'd restored at one time. In the beginning, it looked like this:

Omega 200 Project 01.jpg

Actually it didn't. The dial was rotated 180 degrees to make it look something like the Omega SM 1000. This picture was taken after the first round of restorations.

Well, some how or another it got away from me, however, I was interested enough that I went looking for it and found it. The resulting swap cost me my Watchco SM 300, but in immaterial terms of value to me, it was worth it. I also found out that the restoration had been completed amd the 200 now wore its original bracelet. Resulting watch:

Omega 200 Project 16.jpg

I think I'll be keeping this one. Good luck on anyone finding another.

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Thatís a real beauty George. Yes, I remember the process you went through putting it right originally. Definitely hang on to that one.

Comment

Very, very nice. I'm looking at Speedmaster II reissues now.
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Looks great, George. Thanks for saving this one!
        JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Kurt-

Thereís one on watchuseek thatís here in cleveland. Itís cheap too.

Originally posted by kurt48 View Post
          Very, very nice. I'm looking at Speedmaster II reissues now.

Comment

George, I remember that. I've got a 166.091 as well. It is beat to hell and back, scars hard earned. The odd thing to me is how d*mn well the thing runs.

Comment

This one is highly accurate. The only problem is that it has a detent issue that won't let me hand wind it. I guess that's what watch winders are for. Actually, I wish I could sneak in an ETA. A. Shild movements are the pits.

George
              Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                This one is highly accurate. The only problem is that it has a detent issue that won't let me hand wind it. I guess that's what watch winders are for. Actually, I wish I could sneak in an ETA. A. Shild movements are the pits.

George
                You quite possibly could George. Case in point, 2 identical Diastar cases, late 60's with AS1858 on the left and Aug 70 on the right with ETA 2782. Might be as simple as swapping movement clamp washers and having a watchmaker adjust the hands or maybe it'll just fit straight in.

20190810_140210.jpg

Comment

Hmmmmm..... verrry interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X