Another series of hiking photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another series of hiking photos

Spent a short weekend in Banff. Had a silent auction win for one night hotel at the Banff Centre for the Arts as well as a reception party and tickets for two to a preview of Alberta Ballet's production of Frankenstein. The ballet is still in rehearsals but as season subscribers we were able to get a sneak peak. No photos allowed of that though.

Dressed up nice for the function

Then a few girly drinks and appies

The next morning a scenic coffee

Then a hike up to the observation deck at the top of the gondola. About 5KM up and about 2500 feet elevation gain.

Up at the top a refreshing beverage

Cheers.
    Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Looks like a great getaway - beautiful country that I need to get to someday.

Comment

Dang...that looks so peaceful.
      I need to get outta this Eastern Seaboard rut.

Thanks for the great photos, Keith!
      It's hard to imagine all that beauty was covered with ice many thousands of years ago.

Comment

Nice Keith! Looks idyllic. Havenít been to BC in 20 years. ☹️

Comment

Stunning, and what a watch for the occasion
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Gotta love that part of Alberta!
            JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Wonderful pictures, why does it seem that you eat better hiking than I do, my hiking meal seems to be something like spam on crackers...
              sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Originally posted by S.L.Dickinson View Post
                Wonderful pictures, why does it seem that you eat better hiking than I do, my hiking meal seems to be something like spam on crackers...
                I have eaten many cans of tuna and boil in bag meals..... now its me time!

Thanks everyone!
                Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Just finished about my 10th can of spam - all gone from the pantry. I'm taking a break from it for now. However in Hawaii I am sure it's a hard to get luxury - all the regular islanders love it. Vince have you gotten on the spam wagon down there yet?
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Great Pictures!
                    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I haven't ever been there, and your pictures inspire me to think about planning a trip. Thanks for the post.

Comment

I was stationed at Ft. Lewis outside of Tacoma for a couple of years in the early 70s. Did a lot of banging around the woods in uniform and hiking mountain trails for fun. The PNW is absolutely beautiful country! Great pictures, too!

George
                        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Working...
                        X