Happy Independence Day, fellas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Independence Day, fellas...

To my compatriots in the States, enjoy the nation's birthday celebrations.
    Personally, the only thing better than the 4th of July Parade is the fireworks.
    Today was a great day for a parade...and there was lots of motorized eye candy!

I generally think that parades on the 4th should feature only American-made vehicles, but I cannot resist ogling E-Types...

And I'm a sucker for a nice rear:

The parade was one town over from where I live...but this is a truck from my local fire company (also the name of my soccer club).
    It's always a pleasure to see restored fire engines:

Fireworks are only 8 hours from now!
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-04-2019, 01:00 PM.

Very cool - love the Jags - Happy Independence Day!

Comment

Happy Fourth, all. I love small town celebrations! They're fun.
      George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Wooo, really love the old firetrucks. Wearing as close to Red White and Blue as I could get. Mrs M with a Red Arrows Breitling Chronomat. Older Submariner with an aftermarket bezel insert for me. Got grief for this from some Rolly purists, but is this the face of concern :-) Happy 4th of July Chaps.

Comment

Ha,,, well, robbers will just think your Rolex is a fake and not bother you - bonus
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
            Ha,,, well, robbers will just think your Rolex is a fake and not bother you - bonus
            Funny you should say that because that's exactly what I have told several people.

The reason for it was that I sold my GMT to my Brother just before they went through the roof. Man, did he get a deal because I also sold it for what I paid for it. I missed it but would not pay the inflated prices they fetch now. When I thought about it, it really was the Pepsi bezel I missed so I bought the dodgy inset and installed. Love the Sub now and yep it doesn't quite look like a Sub anymore..Bonus :-)

Comment

There is a teeny bit of irony about Jaguars in a July 4th parade, but since I love those cars, all is forgiven...

Comment

Great post! And my oldest son's birthday too. When he was little, he used to think everyone should get fireworks on their birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
                  There is a teeny bit of irony about Jaguars in a July 4th parade, but since I love those cars, all is forgiven...
                  A mate of mine in Blighty says the Jags are there to celebrate that the Brits got rid of us.

Comment

Happy 4th, all you lot over there. I agree, the Jags are somewhat ironic but it looks like the parade was good fun, old fire engines are always a winner. Bring on the fireworks!

Comment

I visit America a lot due to My flying duties and I must admit I am a huge fan of American culture and boy You guys sure know how to throw a party!

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

A mate of mine in Blighty says the Jags are there to celebrate that the Brits got rid of us.
                        Yes, I hear that from a lot of my British friends. :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X