Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Proud Papa...

Hello on-line friends,
    I wanted to share an exciting moment for me, as a dad. My daughter, Dana is graduating HS next week and is headed to Nashville to study in August.

Many of you know I had a brief career in the music biz, so you can imagine it thrills me that Dana will be studying Audio Engineering Technology in Music City.
    Today was the awards ceremony at her school and we were pleased to be notified in advance that she would be recognized for achievements, but we were not told what awards she would receive.

I am very proud to say she was recognized for making the Honor Roll for all 16 marking periods--Grades 9 through 12. She worked hard and conscientiously for a long time (far more diligently than her dad or mom!).

But I was really surprised and happy to see her receive another award...

She totally surprised me and her mom! For 4 years she has been taking such classes as Music Tech (digital) and Music Theory, but this year she also enrolled in a hands-on technical class more focused on gear. Her project was completed just this week...an electric guitar. She designed the body and headstock, cut, sanded and finished them, fretted the neck, and assembled the final instrument.
    I'm psyched...I hope she'll enjoy playing it for many years, and maybe get a chance to use it on stage or in the studio.

Thanks for indulging my Proud Papa moment!
    B
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 05-31-2019, 02:39 PM.

Very cool and impressive on all accounts. Congratulations.
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Wow, that is freakin' awesome - very impressive and you must be damned proud. Congrats! My 16 year old goes to full-time day school at the Kansas City Ballet and is doing a summer intensive course at Nashville Ballet - staying in a dorm at Belmont University. Tough to see the kids grow up, but good to feel that sense of pride!

Comment

Mine are long out of college and grad school, but I still remember the feeling. Congratulations to you all!

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

So very cool. This is a great town to learn about music, both from the production and the out front part of the business. You are completely entitled to be a proud papa!

Comment

Congratulations. I spent about 40% of my working career in Nashville (Service Merchandise, Dollar General etc).

My Sons Lacrosse Team (Haverford School) played Penncrest for the State Lax Championship in 2000.

That's a great looking guitaró---you should be proud.

Kurt
            "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Congratulations Brad, you've every right to feel proud, most of all congratulations to Dana, her future's looking very bright.

Comment

My most heartiest congratulations Brad, and ofcourse congratulations to your daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  [SIZE=16px]
                  Thanks for indulging my Proud Papa moment!
                  B
                  Many thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Comment

Ultra cool, congratulations. Good to see such a proud dad. I well remember how proud I was when Keely graduated with her masters.
                    sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

That is most excellent! You deserve to be proud of her, that is a lot of hard work, she has a bright future!

Comment

Very cool and you are deservedly proud. Congratulations to both Dana and you.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Graduation was yesterday...her mom and I gave her this Bulova Precisionist.
                          I am sure she'll rely more on her phone than the watch for telling time while at college, but I felt good about giving her a really accurate watch.
                          :O]

Comment

Beautiful daughteró---great memory!
                            "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by kurt48 View Post
                              Beautiful daughteró---great memory!
                              Thanks so much, Kurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X