What is harder to find than a C3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is harder to find than a C3

What is harder to find than a Sea3? Perhaps the Croton pirated Chromaster version of one..

I remember spotting them for sale on a t.v. watch show a bit after ours went for sale. Notified Roland and his lawyers stopped it. About a year later I saw one of the fakes for sale and told my wife about it. Naturally she had to get it for me.

I have looked occasionally over the years and have never seen another. I will give Croton credit, the case we designed does make a good case for a chrono.

My big regret us not buying more of these NATO straps from Noah. Best I have ever found.
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 05-23-2019, 04:44 PM.
    sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Yup.. still have mine.

Can't say the same for this one though...

The sands of time cannot be stopped. Years pass whether we will them or not... but we can remember. Though that which you remember is imperfect and fragmented, yet treasure it... for without you it does not exist.

Comment

Danny, long time no see! How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
        Danny, long time no see! How are you?
        Old! Gray! Tired!!

Pleased to find remnants of the UDF though. Away from watches too long.. checking various fora classifieds to see if I could replace one or two divers I missed. VERY pumped to find Helson re-issuing it's (1971 Seamaster 1000 clone) Sharkmaster, AND at a discount this month. Less pleased to find CountyComm no longer selling Marathons.. watch forums dwindling.. Tyler gone.. (WTH did Sam Garcia go!?), and prices through the roof.

BUT.. looks like there's still a surviving forum that permits photos like this, so life is good.

The sands of time cannot be stopped. Years pass whether we will them or not... but we can remember. Though that which you remember is imperfect and fragmented, yet treasure it... for without you it does not exist.

Comment

I remember that picture. I think I had the Pro-Diver after you... and maybe the Super Kontiki before you, if you got it from one of our California friends... don't recall who I sold it too, just remember it went west. Send me a PM. I am in Nashville these days. We could get a beer.

Comment

SCROTUM watches, is owned by a guy named David Mermelstein. Maybe Roland should pay him a visit.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Welcome back Danny
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the reference number for that Croton?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny S View Post

BUT.. looks like there's still a surviving forum that permits photos like this, so life is good.

I recall lusting after that blue dialed baby there. I think we nick named it the "Tudor Fish" or something like that. It was a one off custom dial, snowflake hands, Fricker case etc... I think Raj owned it for a bit???
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Welcome back, Danny - I remember that pic too - and, I agree with TKite on that blue Tudorfish - reminds me of a Rasmus, but even better looking.

Comment

I know it was based on the "Atlantis" - same same.... Fricker cased watches, Dreadnought, Muhle Rasmus, Atlantis..... All solid watches (Over built, the way I like it).
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                        I recall lusting after that blue dialed baby there. I think we nick named it the "Tudor Fish" or something like that. It was a one off custom dial, snowflake hands, Fricker case etc... ?
                        I like that one, too. Is it an O&W dial? I'd love to see more photos of that one.
                        Also, what's the Pepsi jobbie at right?

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

I like that one, too. Is it an O&W dial? I'd love to see more photos of that one.
                          That would be the Bernhardt Globemaster GMT. I had one and sold it. It's a solid watch - nice size and colors. Now they sell them for $679 and the new name is the Corsair, but that's not too bad given they have a Swiss ETA auto movement.
                          Last edited by Mike D; 05-26-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

It was a total custom job. I remember it when it was first done years ago. There was a watch called the "Atlantis" - it was by the same people doing the Dreadnought and the Muhle watches - all cased by Fricker. The dial was made with Tudor-like lettering etc. with the snowflake hands. I'm not sure who originally contracted it.
                            TKite,
                            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I think you may be thinking of the Alpha-Time Sawfish and the Kenzo Nautilus - I have an Atlantis by Jacques Etoile and it's a bit different. The Muhle Rasmus, Sawfish, Nautilus, and Atlantis were all Fricker variations on the DN. The Kent Parks mods done to the Sawfish ended up in the Tudorfish, which I think is the best looking one of the bunch. Here are some pics I found along with my Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X