Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Never-Ending Search -or- Why am I never quite satisfied with a Tank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TKite View Post
    I have always liked Rotary watches.
    How do you like this one? Lol
    I won it in a raffle 45 years ago and never wore it, didn't fit my idea of cool as a 15 year old. I've kept it as a piece of pure mid 70's funk, mirror dial, crown at 6 and that strange curved wedge shape case.

    image_19008.jpg

    image_19009.jpg

    Comment


    • #17
      ... propos to this thread: incoming...

      Comment


      • #18
        ha.....
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

        I need a new watch

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          ... propos to this thread: incoming...
          Arrived. A quick wrist-shot before I check for a better strap option* and take some photos in decent lighting:



          After years of seeking one, a guy contacted me...he was looking for the black dial but somehow ended up with this one.
          I made him an offer and located a black one for him within a matter of a couple days.
          Win-WIn.

          *I'm really not keen on these straps that are notched on the sides and are wider than the lugs. Too prone to damage/wear...and it's as though the MFR has tried to force owners to buy OEM replacement straps at inflated prices.
          Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-22-2019, 12:47 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Unfortunately, I don;t have anything in 19mm in stock. I'll have to look for suitable options.
            Here's a pair of posed shots:





            Comment


            • #21
              Looks great Brad, just the right size and I like the effect of those polished lugs against the brushed case.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                Looks great Brad, just the right size and I like the effect of those polished lugs against the brushed case.
                Thanks, Tim.
                I couldn't find a 19mm strap I like but did have a NOS NSA bracelet at 19mm, so I'm using that for now. It's a tad too thin for my taste, so I'll see if I can locate a 19mm mesh.



                The sculpted shape of the various case elements is really top-notch.
                But you can clearly see in this photo that a thicker bracelet is warranted:


                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

                  Thanks, Tim.
                  I couldn't find a 19mm strap I like but did have a NOS NSA bracelet at 19mm, so I'm using that for now. It's a tad too thin for my taste, so I'll see if I can locate a 19mm mesh.



                  The sculpted shape of the various case elements is really top-notch.
                  But you can clearly see in this photo that a thicker bracelet is warranted:

                  A little thicker with some brushed and polished elements would be good. It's a bit of a pity Hamilton didn't supply a bracelet that continued on with the themes of the case.
                  Last edited by Tim.; 06-22-2019, 09:50 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

                    A little thicker with some brushed and polished elements would be good. It's a bit of a pity Hamilton didn't supply a bracelet that continued on with the themes of the case.
                    There is a 3-row bracelet on the quartz version, which I assume would fit this. Someone on eBay is selling one for about $150, but it doesn't look retro enough for me, so I doubt I'll buy it. I'm seriously considering finding out the status of the NSA patents and see if it would be feasible to manufacture a thicker version, with a variety of end-pieces/widths and some butterfly clasps.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

                      There is a 3-row bracelet on the quartz version, which I assume would fit this. Someone on eBay is selling one for about $150, but it doesn't look retro enough for me, so I doubt I'll buy it. ...
                      I found some images...from the 2004/2005 Hamilton Tribune catalogue:

                      0 full.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Congrats! Loks good!
                        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          My dad likes tanks, his old dress watch is one. I have never warmed up to them though. Those are sure some good lookers though for those who enjoy them.
                          sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Great looking Hamilton.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X